(original thread) MCE Replacement Plugin v1.0.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethefin

Portal Member
October 3, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
Serial Commands

Hi Aaron! I cant gent my serial commands work (Nokia 9802s). The error log is following:

2007-01-21 14:31:36.312875 [ERROR][MPMain]: MCEReplacement: Run command structure is invalid: e$ts\r\n\x6h|COM1|57600|None|8|One
2007-01-21 14:31:37.062875 [ERROR][MPMain]: MCEReplacement: Failed to process external channel request
2007-01-21 14:31:46.953500 [ERROR][MPMain]: MCEReplacement: Run command structure is invalid: e$ts\r\n\x2h|COM1|57600|None|8|One
2007-01-21 14:31:47.703500 [ERROR][MPMain]: MCEReplacement: Run command structure is invalid: e$ts\r\n\x2h|COM1|57600|None|8|One
2007-01-21 14:31:48.453500 [ERROR][MPMain]: MCEReplacement: Failed to process external channel request

I'm using the latest SVN

Is the problem in the settings or in the plugin??

Mike

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry about that, it's a mistake in the code that executes serial commands...

I'll fix it right now and upload a new version.

Cheers,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    New version for testing

I've fixed a bug in serial comms and I've added two new Macro commands.

The new macro commands let you force a blaster port and speed from within a macro. This lets you have macro's that only blast to a particular port, or that change port mid-macro. And now that blaster speed can be set you may want to set a macro to the speed that is most compatible with the piece of equipment that macro blasts to. These two new commands only effect the macro they are used in and all other blasting will use the defaults set in the plugin configuration.

I've also just remembered that I was going to add a new command type that would let you send windows messages to other apps... Does anyone think that is something they might use?

Please don't hold out for the next release version of the plugin, I need people to test it before I release it to the download site.

EDIT: All test versions from here on will be released into a new thread here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=15793

Thanks everyone,

mikethefin

Portal Member
    October 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Serial Commands

Hi Aaron ! Tested the latest version and it works (serial commands)! Big thanks

Mike

gommer

Portal Member
    October 7, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I've also just remembered that I was going to add a new command type that would let you send windows messages to other apps... Does anyone think that is something they might use?
    I was probably one of the would-be-users and would use it for sending commands to ffdshow. But I already reported that it does not work. Instead I now call precompiled AutoIt scripts from the plugin. This works flawlessly.

So to answer your question, i don't think it would benefit me. Maybe others might be interested though.

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    again problems together with HIP:

I created a "replacemet plugin macro" that fires a command through the MCE blaster using the RESUME event (event mapper).

But when HIP is on the macro doesn't work. HIP somehow "swallows" the blaster-command (fired with an external tool called MCEIRPlay.exe). Probably I should do it with HIP itself.

How can I tell the replacement plugin to tell HIP to fire a commnd to the blaster?

thanks+regards
    WeWe

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    gommer:
    Thanks, I remember that discussion now.

wewe:
    I'm glad you ask. There is a support utility for HIP called HIPSend that lets you tell it to do the blasting. You can download it here:
    http://www.byremote.com.au/downloads/default.asp?SCLASS=HIP EXTRA

I haven't used it myself, but from what I read it should do what you are after.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    to finaly get some structure into this plugin thread here, i have created a new subforums where we now have a place for our "hot plugins"
    :)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Cool, I'm honored :)

I've started a new thread in this sub-forum for keeping the latest test version of the plugin in. Check it out.

Feel free to continue posting questions in this thread, but if you think the answer will help people then consider making a new thread for it.

This thread is now 50 pages long and a few questions have been answered more than once in those 50 pages. So posting to a new thread will help others as well as me :)

As always, thanks for your support, if you have any questions, comments, complaints or suggestions then go right ahead and let me know.

Cheers,

DarrenS

Portal Member
    December 30, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Issue with blasting IR and work around

Have been using this plugin with my system now for a few weeks and its amazing, single remote to operate whole system Events wake TV , external box on system resume from hibernation great work.

Now for the problem I blast everything to all IR transmitters, TV always works fine,but Sky box early Amstrad (DRX100) digibox learnt codes off remote but would not operate sky box. In desperation I down loaded myblaster setup tool and found this would operate sky box ok, went back to MCE replacement and amazingly this now works. Any how after couple weeks sky box stops working, so run myblaster setup tool and then back to MCE replacment and all is fine again.

Not sure whats goin here but something is obviously getting reset.

Any body else coming across anything like this?:confused:

Darren

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom