(original thread) MCE Replacement Plugin v1.0.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazman

Portal Pro
May 15, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Is there a way to get this plugin working with 0.2.2.0 and latest cvs??

Tolmor

Portal Member
December 29, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
I don't believe the MceIr.dll, which is used by the plugin to access the mce transceiver, is compatible with Windows Vista.

I've made a few efforts to get it working with Vista, but I don't run Vista myself so I'll give it another go when I get a copy of Vista to test with.

I'll post here as soon as I have something working.

Great. And if you need something testet out on Vista, if the answer comes to you in your dreams or something, i'll gladly test it out for you on my Vista machine. :)

wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
Okay ... this is for sure the wrong place to ask but here is a lot of knowhow and experience around and I only need a hint:

I am using the MCE replacement plugin.

Now I want to use HIP to control an external application (VLC) but I don't want to change something for MP.

How do I tell HIP to send commands to VLC but to "just passthrough" when MP is in front? Whenever I activate HIP MP is not more controlled by my MCE remote. Nothing happens when pressing keys ...

thanks+regards
WeWe

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you want to use HIP at the same time as the plugin then you need to put the plugin into message mode and import the message mode settings into HIP.

Give that a try and see how you go.

Just for anyone who's interested, there is a forum just for HIP here:
    http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?showforum=44

Cheers,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Test version

Hey everyone,

I've got a new version of the plugin for testing.

EDIT: One page ahead is a newer test version...

There are three (EDIT: four) main changes that I'd like some feedback on:

1. I now have an installer for the plugin. It gives you the option to choose between an 0.2.2.0 and SVN version of the plugin as well as other optional components (ie. Replacement driver files and replacement tray app). The installation was getting too complicated, but with the installer it's dead simple.

2. I've made modifications to the MceIr.dll file (which provides access to the MCE remote transceiver). These changes let you specify the manufacturer of your remote box (Microsoft or SMK) which should overcome the Blaster Port 2 only problem that people with SMK (Hauppage) transceivers have. And it also lets you set a blasting speed, which will hopefully fix problems some people have had getting the IR blasting to control some equipment.

3. I've moved the user files (IR codes, Macros, etc...) to the "Application Data" folder, hopefully this makes the plugin more Vista friendly (even though it wont work on Vista yet). This also means you'll need to take your existing IR and Macro files and move them into the right folders after you install this new test version.

4. The user interface has been changed a little. I've made it resizable and maximizable, as well as putting blaster configuration, multi-mapping, event mapper, and different remote all onto tabs on the main setup window. It's still not the most user-friendly gui, but it's an improvement (I hope).

The attached test version does support the latest SVN, so if you've been waiting for that, wait no more. However SVN still doesn't have the patch to fix scheduled recordings of external channels. And as I said earlier, I won't be releasing this new version until that's been solved.

Other changes in this version include:
    - Compiled html help that is accessable from within the plugin configuration.
    - Start menu shortcuts to the documentation, replacement driver files, mce replacement tray, and uninstaller.

So if you're interested, download it, give it a go, and please let me know how you get on. Even just a short reply to say that it's all good will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

mba

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2005
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    hi and-81

thank you for your hard work on this plugin. I tried it yesterday with the previous version and got the same result as Tazman, no support for 0.2.2.0 nor the svn version, getting a plugin version mismatch when starting mediaportal configuration. I have now downloaded the new version, and installed it. It gave me an option whether to install svn or the 0.2.2.0, but it didn't give me options with regard to installing the replacement driver, and it hasn't replaced the eHome driver. Now when I start mediaportal config it doesn't throw an error but the plugin isn't found in the plugins list. Looking in the config.log it seems that the plugin loaded alright.

Kind regards
    Martin

eloo

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2005
    Aarhus, Denmark
    2. I've made modifications to the MceIr.dll file (which provides access to the MCE remote transceiver). These changes let you specify the manufacturer of your remote box (Microsoft or SMK) which should overcome the Blaster Port 2 only problem that people with SMK (Hauppage) transceivers have. And it also lets you set a blasting speed, which will hopefully fix problems some people have had getting the IR blasting to control some equipment.

Hi Aaron, thanks for all your hard work. This plugin should be a part of the standard package and not a plugin, its very good!
    The new speed settings seem to work well for me, would it be possible to make a Very slow setting. It seems like its working really great with my Altec Lansing equipment.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    mba:

I'm not sure what's going wrong for you, could you try uninstalling the plugin and trying again? Also, what SVN of mediaportal are you using, you'll need 0.2.2.0 and a recent SVN if you're using the SVN version of the plugin.

eloo:

I don't think I can add more speed settings, but I'll look into it. So are you saying that the new speed settings let you use equipment that previously didn't work?

Cheers,

eloo

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2005
    Aarhus, Denmark
    I don't think I can add more speed settings, but I'll look into it. So are you saying that the new speed settings let you use equipment that previously didn't work?
    Cheers,

Seems like it. At least the frequency of understood commands have gone up. The fast setting works, but my preliminary testing shows that Slow works much much better!

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Excellent. That's great to hear.

Thanks eloo.

mba:

I forgot to mention ... I tried making the installer install the replacement driver, but I couldn't get it to work. So you'll need to follow the instructions in the documentation if you want to install the replacement driver. The installer just puts the relevant files on the hard disk in the "Program Files\MCE Replacement Driver" folder.

@everyone:

If you have any feedback on the test version, keep it coming :)

Cheers,

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom