(original thread) MCE Replacement Plugin v1.0.0 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sikk,

I've got a couple of things I'm working on so I'll post a more detailed message later tonight. Just quickly though, to rule out a pc configuration issue at your end, can you record and blast commands to other equipment (tv, dvd, etc...) ?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think that the best solution would be to extend the Bruno Fleurette driver.

It's something I've been thinking about from the start, but I've decided to take the plugin as far as I can without touching Bruno Fleurette's code. I'll extend his code when there's nothing more I can do with just a plugin.

Smirnuff is hosting the Myblaster dat files, and they can be found at the link below.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=2923&highlight=pace+420

Those files won't download. Can someone tell me where I can get them or re-post them?

By the way, given the blaster worked with Foxtel with MCE2005, is it possible that I need to use the MCE2005 IR transciever driver? Rather than the XP SP2 one, or are they the same?

Shouldn't matter.

I've attached some .IR files (zipped up) to this post, could you try them with your set top box please? I got them out of a CCF file I found on RemoteCentral.com, but the file wasn't specific about the model of Foxtel box they are for. Hopefully they suit yours. Let me know how you go and I'll include them with future distributions of the plugin.

Cheers,

een_mq

Portal Member
    September 27, 2006
    Hi,

Regarding foxtel box, I got my foxtel working with the mce replacement driver plugin...

Initially I got the same issue where the foxtel box is not receiving anything, and I moved the blaster bud to the right hand side so that it just sits 4 cm in front of the 'l' in Foxtel...

This will vary with different people, but moving the blaster bud around might help...

Edward

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks mate, glad you like it. Keep your eyes peeled, I'll be adding the ability to execute external programs for External Channel changing and from Command Sequences.

New RC release will be out within 48 hours.

Cheers,

sikk

Portal Member
    September 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Just quickly though, to rule out a pc configuration issue at your end, can you record and blast commands to other equipment (tv, dvd, etc...) ?

Yes. I have tried this. I did a simple test with my XBOX remote, learned a code and ran a test where I could clearly see the blaster LED flashing and the XBOX menu changing.

sikk

Portal Member
    September 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Smirnuff is hosting the Myblaster dat files, and they can be found at the link below.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=2923&highlight=pace+420

Those files won't download. Can someone tell me where I can get them or re-post them?

Added to this post as you asked :)

I've attached some .IR files (zipped up) to this post, could you try them with your set top box please? I got them out of a CCF file I found on RemoteCentral.com, but the file wasn't specific about the model of Foxtel box they are for. Hopefully they suit yours. Let me know how you go and I'll include them with future distributions of the plugin.

Sorry, same result. I have also tried moving the blaster around everywhere that made any sense with no luck there either. My Tivo blasts signals to the DC420NF quiet happily from a position just to the right of the IR receive LED, so I don't think placement is the issue.

Does this mean you can use native Pronto CCF codes in the IR files? I didn't know that!

sikk

Portal Member
    September 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Regarding foxtel box, I got my foxtel working with the mce replacement driver plugin...

What version STB are you using? It is written on a big label on the bottom of the STB.

Initially I got the same issue where the foxtel box is not receiving anything, and I moved the blaster bud to the right hand side so that it just sits 4 cm in front of the 'l' in Foxtel...

I tried this and about 100 other positions tonight :) previous experience has taught me that if the placement was bad I should see at least SOME codes work. None ever do at the moment.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Added to this post as you asked :)

The file is just an HTML page saying that the file is missing. Does anyone else have these files? I can't garauntee they'll work, but it's worth a try.

Does this mean you can use native Pronto CCF codes in the IR files? I didn't know that!

Yeah it can, it's part of the code that was written by Bruno Fleurette.

So if anyone wants me to include out-of-the-box support for their set top box in the next release of the plugin, get me a CCF or send me your .IR files soon and I'll put em in. As well as any important details, like, minimum wait time between digits or wheather or not it sends Select. If you're using the plugin already for your set top box, please send me files to include in the next version, it will make it better for others...

I've got some nice improvements ready to roll out in the next version. Like:
    Quick setup for known set top boxes.
    Padding the channel number with zero's.
    And, the ability to launch other programs from Command Sequences and for External Channels, which is nice. This means you can use an external app to tune your external channels, and you can map any remote button to launch an external app.

I'll post it within the next 2 days. In that time, you can post set top box setups for inclusion.

Cheers,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Oh, I should also mention, I've got some other CCF's but they don't have digit files, just Ch+, Ch-, etc... I'll send you some more files in a day or so (I'm out of action all day tomorrow).

If I can get that MyBlaster dat I might be able to try something with it, and maybe Edward can send you some of his files too ?

Cheers,

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom