[Original Thread] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support (1 Viewer)

Which view do you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: [plugin] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support

Hey hzn79,
    I am currently working on the 2.0 version (albeit slow), but I have been looking for other ways to integrate the browser instead of using the AutoKey scripts. If you are able to create a browser that handles the Stop, FF, RW, etc commands, we might be able to get rid of the one I have included in the package. Another requisite is that it is able to go full screen when the movie starts (the autokey script looks for the 'full screen' button to appear, then clicks it to make it full screen.)

A few other notes:
    1. I pass my custom web browser a flag to say which screen to open up, if you PM me your email address I will send you the code I use in the custom browser so you can incorporate it in as well.

2. The 2.0 version will allow users to turn off the disc queues (DVD, Instant, At-Home, etc.) so Canadian users can use the plugin without issue.

Thanks for your help/interest in the plugin...

Wile E.

hzn79

Portal Member
    November 7, 2010

Hi., I will be glad to help you

I made the last WebBrowser.exe (that I attached) actually to check the command line 0 or 1 that you are passing.
    So that flag i use already.

Will be working in coming days to make the FF RW and other buttons to work, as well as make Full Screen, once the the button is there.

Anyhow, looking forward on helping with this.

Cheers!

mykiddosdaddy

Portal Member
    February 5, 2011
    Home Country

I apologize if this is not the correct place to post this. I am having some problems with this plugin. When the netflix viewer comes up it asks for username and password (this is the first time I have tried to use it) my keyboard mappings get messed up on some of the keys. As far as I know it is just the A and the S key. When I try to hit the s key the mouse cursor jumps to the lower right of the screen. I even tried the on screen keyboard in Windows and it still would not accept the a or s keys with the same result. Any ideas?

MediaPortal Version: latest
    MediaPortal Skin: Sreamed MP
    Windows Version: Win 7
    CPU Type: AMD Athalon II 3.0 dual core
    Memory: 4g
    Video Card: ATI RadeonHD 5400
    1. TV Card: HDHomerun Dual
    HTPC Case: nMediaPC
    Power Supply: 300w
    Remote: Logitech diNovo Mini
    TV: Vizio 32" 780p

Thanks
    Sean

ETA: Forgot to say I use Chrome as my web browser.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

@ mykiddosdaddy,
    A few questions:
    1. Have you configured the plugin in the MP Configuration?
    2. Outside of MediaPortal, have you opened a browser, logged onto the Netflix website and checked the 'Remember me on this computer' checkbox?
    3. Have you downloaded and installed Silverlight?

Thanks,
    Wile E.

mykiddosdaddy

Portal Member
    February 5, 2011
    Home Country

1. Have you configured the plugin in the MP Configuration?
    Yes. I entered my username and password there and selected the name on the second tab.

2. Outside of MediaPortal, have you opened a browser, logged onto the Netflix website and checked the 'Remember me on this computer' checkbox?
    Yes. If I open Netflix in a browser I am already logged in.

3. Have you downloaded and installed Silverlight?
    I can watch Netflix streams in my web browser. It installed Silverlight when I first set it all up on my HTPC and went to Netflix with Chrome.

Could it have anything to do with me using Chrome as my default browser?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

The plugin uses a custom web browser (that extends the IE browser), so unless you specified the chrome browser it should use the built in one.

Try this, open an IE browser and browse to Netflix.com and enter your credentials (saving them of course.) Then go back to MP and try to play a movie.

mykiddosdaddy

Portal Member
    February 5, 2011
    Home Country

Ok I opened up IE went to netflix and entered my login info and chose keep me signed in. Then I went into MP, selected Netflix (I have it in the Home menu). Selected a title in my Instant Queue. It opens up the custom browser and asks for my login and password. When I try to type it in it will accept all characters except the letter a and the letter s. I have even tried all other letters on the keyboard just to check. When I try to type an a or a s the mouse cursor jumps to the edge of the screen. It does this no matter if I use my Logitech dinovo, attached USB keyboard or if I am remoted to the computer via TeamViewer. I checked the settings in MP config for Netflix and it says that it is authorized.

I appreciate all of your help.

Ok I got past that in a round about way. Before going into MP I typed my username and password into notepad and then copied and pasted them into the username and password field in the custom browser, but now I have one other issue.

When I select a TV series from my Instant Queue it will show me the episodes and I can select one and it will play. When I select a movie from the queue it shows the details screen with all of the info about the movie, but the readme says to hit the information button to bring up the context menu. I do not have an information button. I have tried all of the buttons on my dinovo mini and none will bring up that menu.

manifacto

February 26, 2011
    Home Country

I have been using MyNetflix for quite a long time and I am very happy with it. Great job!
    I just thought I would share something. I noticed today that Netflix changed the format of the on screen layout. In doing so, they changed the way the "Full Screen" button appears. This appears to have, at least for me, caused the AutoIt script to not see the words Full Screen as they used to appear and thus does not put the web page into full screen mode. If you have a moment to update this component, please do, or let me know if I am the only one with this problem. Would you mind sharing the source code of the AutoIt (that what it looks like you are using) script, and maybe I can just recompile it for myself from your source. Thanks!

reverson1

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2006
    Williamsburg,VA
    Home Country

The text in the fullscreen button is larger than it was previously.

You may be able to create a new one by playing a video in a webbrowser and then use the snipping tool to create a screen cap of the button. Then open the fullscreen image and paste the screen cap.

Edit: I've attached a screen cap that I made.

hth
    Richard

Attachments

• nf_fs.rar
      1.1 KB

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

The text in the fullscreen button is larger than it was previously.

You may be able to create a new one by playing a video in a webbrowser and then use the snipping tool to create a screen cap of the button. Then open the fullscreen image and paste the screen cap.

Edit: I've attached a screen cap that I made.

hth
    Richard

Thanks for the image Richard. It didn't work just right for me, so I trimmed it just a little (see attached.)

Thanks again!

Attachments

• nf_fs.zip
      569 bytes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom