[Original Thread] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support (2 Viewers)

Which view do you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

poppabk

Portal Pro
August 8, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: [plugin] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support

Hoping for a little assistance. I am running MP 1.1.1 w/ the Black Glass Nova 1.4 Skin. I just installed the MyNetflix 1.3 plug-in and am having a couple of issues w/ it.

1st one is that I can't seem to get an instant movie to play. I click on the title I get the info screen then I hit enter again and nothing. I try to hit the Play button from the menu at the top w/ the same result.
Try pressing the info (menu, whatever) button when on the movie info screen, brings up an OSD, and then select play from there.

TE5LA

Portal Pro
September 16, 2009
Home Country

All this does for me is open a browser outside of MP and still asks me to login. Then it does not accept my credentials. I'm using Streamed MP.

mykiddosdaddy

Portal Member
February 5, 2011
Home Country

The problem that I had was it was not letting me type the letter a or d. Unfortunately I have both in my email and password. I was able to get it to work by copying my email to the clipboard and changing my password. Then I was able to save the username and password in the browser that opened up.

TDF

Portal Member
October 28, 2008
Home Country

Hoping for a little assistance. I am running MP 1.1.1 w/ the Black Glass Nova 1.4 Skin. I just installed the MyNetflix 1.3 plug-in and am having a couple of issues w/ it.

1st one is that I can't seem to get an instant movie to play. I click on the title I get the info screen then I hit enter again and nothing. I try to hit the Play button from the menu at the top w/ the same result.
Try pressing the info (menu, whatever) button when on the movie info screen, brings up an OSD, and then select play from there.

Not sure what you mean by "Info" button. Up top there is a drop down menu that has a play button, I hit that but nothing happens....also I just hit enter, as well as click and double-click on the info screen.

Could there be a plug-in that I need installed for this to work?

The problem that I had was it was not letting me type the letter a or d. Unfortunately I have both in my email and password. I was able to get it to work by copying my email to the clipboard and changing my password. Then I was able to save the username and password in the browser that opened up.

I'm assuming my username and password are correct as I can see my Queue's as well as my my history fine. Just can't seem to launch a movie from my instant queue.

I put in the path to IE8 also in the config screen to see if that may be the problem. still nothing.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

@ those having issues with the browser asking for credentials....

In the config you can toggle the AutoKey scripts. Check the box, save the settings then go back into MP and start a movie. Enter your credentials, you shouldnt have any issues.

After you get that working, go back into the config and uncheck the AutoKey scripts checkbox.

poppabk

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country

Found this post which includes some interesting options for keyboard control including access to the 'proper' fast forward options.
    Netflix Movie Player Keyboard Shortcuts « Musings
    Space – Toggle Play/Pause
    Enter – Toggle Play/Pause
    PgUp – Play
    PgDn – Pause
    F – Full-screen
    Esc – Exit full-screen
    Shift+Left arrow – Rewind
    Shift+Right arrow – Fast Forward

In full-screen mode:

Ctrl+space – Frame forward/backward mode. Ctrl+space pauses the movie and enters key frame mode (aka intra-frame or i-frame mode). The right and left arrow keys move between key frames.

They all seem to work, in IE at least, but require one mouse click on the player to 'activate' the netflix player for input. I am going to program my irremote.ini (hauppauge remote) to use these commands, anyone know how would I go about making an automatic first mouse click?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

Hey poppabk,
    Thanks for the information...

Yes, we have known about the keystrokes and are working to get them incorporated into the custom browser for the 2.0 release. We will map the key strokes to the a remote button to make it work smooth (we hope :) )

Wile E.

poppabk

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country

Figured out how to create an autohotkey script that clicks the middle of the screen on a certain button press. Wily is there an easy way to replace your script with my own? I just have an .ahk file but you have multiple programs.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

Figured out how to create an autohotkey script that clicks the middle of the screen on a certain button press. Wily is their an easy way to replace your script with my own? I just have an .ahk file but you have multiple programs.

Cool... Yep, you can try to rename the netflix_control.exe in the "Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\NetFlix_Remote" folder. It will start as soon as an instant movie is started. (note: it will also be disposed of when you close the browser.)

Try that and let me know how it works. Also, if you want to share you script, post it here. Im always looking for better ways to handle the remote buttons...

Thanks,
    Wile E.

poppabk

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country

Figured out how to create an autohotkey script that clicks the middle of the screen on a certain button press. Wily is their an easy way to replace your script with my own? I just have an .ahk file but you have multiple programs.

Cool... Yep, you can try to rename the netflix_control.exe in the "Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\NetFlix_Remote" folder. It will start as soon as an instant movie is started. (note: it will also be disposed of when you close the browser.)

Try that and let me know how it works. Also, if you want to share you script, post it here. Im always looking for better ways to handle the remote buttons...

Thanks,
    Wile E.
    I'll post what I end up with but it will be hauppauge remote based, so the autohotkey script will have only one entry a click in the middle of the screen to activate the silverlight player to accept the other shortcuts, everything else will be in the irremote.ini file. I may try and add the next episode buttons if I can as they don't seem to be supported and I use them a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom