(original thread) MyFilms v3.1 - Use an ANT Movie Database (AMC) in MP (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Multipart movies is ALREADY managed by this plugin, you have to name your files with extensions cd1, cd2
Ex : g:\Videos\Myfilm_cd1.avi g:\Videos\Myfilm_cd2.avi
Try it....

astronaute

Portal Member
October 31, 2006
Home Country
France France
Hello,

Can you please include Blue Two Wide skin in next release as this skin is default in MP.

It would be nice if your mod supports two main default skins, Blue Two and Blue Two Wide before adding some random skins that 1% pple are using.

Any ETA on new release compatible with 2.2.0 stable please ?

Thanks a lot and keep doing good work, I'm big fan of your mod !

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello astronaute,
    I can see that you are french. :)
    Did you know that a MP french site exist ?
    And a specific topic for myfilms plugin (in french language) exist here.
    Regards.

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    UK
    Multipart movies is ALREADY managed by this plugin, you have to name your files with extensions cd1, cd2
    Ex : g:\Videos\Myfilm_cd1.avi g:\Videos\Myfilm_cd2.avi
    Try it....
    Well for me all my movies are stored/played from dvdr's not hard drive, some burned long before using MyFilms. So it is not possible to retrospectively rename them to this custom naming format. An example might be say multi-part Dr Who's that would not have had cd1, cd2....cd6 appended as they are 30 min episodes unrelated to cd size. There is no real standard for multi-part naming.

Since using MyFilms I have concatenated any new multi-parts into single files (possible most of the time) using virtualdub before burning them to dvdr to totally avoid this problem in future but for legacy dvdr's a multi-filename option using ;'s would be great.

Any plans to release the source in near future? I'll happily add multi-part option. I have been meaning to do some coding on MP but have not felt drawn to anything enough or been too busy to get my hands dirty yet.

Cheers for great work, au revoir

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    happy Talk : I really think about multipart movies but at your mind what to do if one of the file is missing ?

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    UK
    @Happy Talk : I really think about multipart movies but at your mind what to do if one of the file is missing ?

Well I would expect you add the ; seperated files to the playlist, show the multi-disk icons. If at some point a file is not found I would expect you to throw up a similar prompt window that normally asks to insert Disk with the missing filename (stripped of path and extension).
    eg:
    Please Insert Disk containing
    Dr Who.004.Aztecs.Episode4
    OK/Cancel

If they press Cancel then stop playback of the whole list (also allow skip next/prev on remote to exit the window and move to next/prev playlist item). In general I would expect most multi-parts to be on the same disk 99% of the time so It shouldn't be an issue. If not then it is usually on the very next disk. If an entry DOES have ; seperated multi filenames then this user forced multi-part should override any further multi-part searching for cd1, cd2.

----------------------------------------------
    In the long term however much greater flexibility could be gained by allowing the Title field to contain \ used as path seperators so I could set Title as:-

Dr Who.004.Aztecs\Episode1
    Dr Who.004.Aztecs\Episode2
    Dr Who.004.Aztecs\Episode3
    Dr Who.004.Aztecs\Episode4

I would then see Dr Who.04.Aztecs as a single entry (with a small folder icon to indicate sub entries) then I could either press play to add all subitems to the playlist and open up the usual full video info window OR press OK/Right arrow to display just these sub-entries as if I were traversing a regular folder structure using a file explorer.

It means we could create a whole folder hierarchy for our library by manipulating the Title field regardless of whether the items were on hard drive, DVD, etc eg:
    Movies\matrix\cd1
    Movies\matrix\cd2
    Movies\matrix2
    TV\Dr Who\004.Aztecs\Ep1
    TV\Dr Who\004.Aztecs\Ep2
    TV\Dr Who\004.Aztecs\Ep3
    TV\Dr Who\004.Aztecs\Ep4
    SciFi\Star Trek\DS9\S02\01.The Homecoming
    SciFi\Star Trek\DS9\S02\02.The Circle

This is pretty similar to how MythTV used to handle it and seems to offer total flexibility that can be used or not as required. It could work in addition to the first method as for movies split into 2 cd's you only really want one record (1 cover, 1 description field etc) so a multi filename line approach is better. But for tv series being able to organise into sub folders with a description for each episode would be better.

I know it's asking a lot and the first part of the post hopefully is not too hard as you already deal with multiparts. The second part depends on how the code currently works I guess as to how hard to implement it may or may not be, maybe something for the future but it would rock.

Cheers

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    HappyTalk,
    Actually the plugin build a playlist with all files having the same name except patterns cdx or diskx. and after it's call the MP's standard function g_player.That function doesn't ask for a missing file in the playlist. So you have to ask an improvment to the Core team for your need.
    The only thing that the plugin can do is to control that all files are present when it builds the playlist... And what to do then ???

For other demands it's another plugin...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom