ORIGINAL THREAD (OLD): About the X-Factor Skin (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi,

A few answers (more will come soon) to some of your questions/comments/bug reports.

* I have done a new layout in music (what you see when you select an album and see the songs)....

Thank you all for your feedback!

cheers
    cul8er

i've been reading about fan art for music here and there... right now being a hack... since this skin is built on streamedMP do you think a fanart for music will become a reality?

etagure

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2007
    -Items on the menu bears no more than 6 items, would be dynamic?
    First Cul8er, big thnx for great skin, and for including My films in xfactor..
    I agree with jonesbond, why can be more than 6 items in each module, because i have more than 6 games...
    Thanx again...

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

etagure and jonesbond:
    I will add the possibility to add more than six items in submenues in the next release of the menu editor. I didn't have time for the last release but now it is almost finished.

ToXIc;
    As you write the music fanart is really a hack so I must say I haven't really investigated what it would take to implement it. I was hoping for someone writing a music plugin like TV Series or Moving Pictures ;)

cheers
    cul8er

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Cul8er,
    Many thanks for all the updates and all your hard work. I have been experimenting with backdrops and have most of them working now.
    I was a little unsure as to exactly how things were being done but I have got it now ;)

@ etagure

I agree with jonesbond, why can be more than 6 items in each module, because i have more than 6 games...

I understand what you are saying but why on earth are you putting so many games into a Menu. The whole idea of a menu system is to categorise and keep it as a list of areas that each have a lot of items in there separate list.

Are these PC games you are adding?

If they are I suggest you download and use MyprogramsALt. You can then just have PC games in your menu. when you go into the PCgames section you then have all your games with the covers etc.

A lot of people have the wrong version of MYprogramsALT (it doesnt work from the downloads of the MPI installer). That will download version myProgramsAlt_v0.1.0.11.mpi, which no longer works for me and a lot of others.
    Download this version myProgramsAlt_v0.1.0.12.mpi

Install it and configure it and you are away. Then you will have just one item for all your pc games in the main games menu :D

Regards

Kev

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

AIstudio;
    I agree with you that using myprogramsalt or myemulators would be the way to go if you have many games. But I can also see the requirements for more than six submenu items.

A new patch release is now available in the download area. It is only a small rar (zip) file containing a few bug fixes and two new plugins. This means that you have to have the full version (R170 ) of this skin allready installed prior to installing the patch. Download the patch and then unpack the patch (R172) into your mediaportal installation directory.

The patch includes;
    * Supports two new plugins (Shoutcast Directory and Showtimes)
    * BasicHome had some font problems
    * TV Series now playing overlay is disabled due to overlay problems (a real fix fill follow in next full release)
    * TV series top menu was cutting off last part of the menu texts.
    * Semi transparent background on thumbnails views for Moving Pictures and TV Series as requested
    * TV Series filmstrip now has a default background if no fanart is available
    * Menu Editor now allows for more than six submenu items ;)

best regards
    cul8er

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    Hi cul8er

AIstudio;
    I agree with you that using myprogramsalt or myemulators would be the way to go if you have many games. But I can also see the requirements for more than six submenu items.

Yeah i know what you mean, I just haven't got to more than 6 items in any menu yet lol.
    I had visions of people trying to have a list of say 300 emulated games in there, or maybe 20 pc games etc lol.

Many thanks for the update

Regards

kev

etagure

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2007
    Thnx AIstudio, i will try myprograms that you posted. I tried my emulators, but for me is better solution start game from xfactor menu.
    Cul8er, thnx for update...:D

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    No problem.

I feel that because the MPI installer downloads the incorrect version most people are probably unaware that there is a newer version that actually still works.
    Any problem with setup etc give me a shout and I will walk you through ;)

Regards

Kev

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    Hi All, just found this skin, looks amazing, I am using StreamedMP now, and this looks like a good rival ;)

just a question before I give it a go, will it mess up any of my StreamedMP skin or is it completely seperate? is there ForTheRecord Support?
    :D

Edit: Just looked properly at first page, seen FTR support, DOH!

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi bushbrother,

You can install this skin and it will not mess with any of your settings. It will install in its own skin folder and does not alter any settings in MP or in the plugins.

Hope you like it ;)

best regards
    cul8er

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom