(original thread) US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Zap2it Plugin Released (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinksnow

January 29, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Autotune in the plugin, or in the configuration executable?
Am I supposed to switch from the plugins to the TV->xxx tab and autotune there? I guess I was under the impression that I just needed to run the plugin and when I hit refresh, it was pulling my channels.

Edit to add: Okay, I got the timing right now, but I'm stil having the "compression" problems.

ca n vt

Portal Pro
July 23, 2006
I just wanted to chime in even though it looks like I'm a little late and say thank you so much. I downloaded this plugin and it saved me on a couple of different fronts not only did it get me a guide but I was unable to schedule and kind of recording even just a simple timed recording because of that. Now everything is working. This is awesome. I really wanted to use media portal but had started to use GB-PVR because the tv setup was so much easier. Now I'm going to go back to using this. That plugin should be part of the general setup rather then just a plugin.

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    Now I'm going to go back to using this. That plugin should be part of the general setup rather then just a plugin.

Welcome back to MediaPortal ca n vt!

I noticed some posts on other forums and was worried that I would have a lot of issues with MediaPortal when I start my HTPC build this week. (I'm waiting for my parts to arrive this week!)

What other issues did you run into just so I have something to stear clear of when I install?

I agree that if this zap2it plugin does resolve so many issues what can be done to have it released as part of a stable patch?

ca n vt

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2006
    To be honest I had quite a few issues. Some were just out of my own ignorance though so I won't bore you with those and my setup is not completely done yet. It is taking quite a while.

My biggest thing though was to get it running well enough that I could record tv in time for the new seasons that are coming up. Now I'm focusing on some of the other smaller details. The largest issues I had was getting it to detect the tv signal and then getting it to schedule recordings.

After I wrote that last post I was having a pretty bad problem with TV stuttering on recordings. It wouldn't do it when I was watching tv but anything that got recorded was pretty bad. I downloaded the most recent stable patch (4, I think) and it took care of that as well. I would say to go straight and get that. MP seems to run a little slower then it did before I got the patch but it functions better and it's not as if runs that slow. Also, this seems to use a lot of your cpu so if you're someone like me who is just starting out and wants to try a lot of different kinds of software just make sure that things aren't conflicting with each other. If wasn't for the fact that GB-PVR uses Zap2it in their default wizard setup I would never have even searched for it on here though so in a way that helped me.

I don't know how tech savy you are. I'm not very. So, the biggest obstacles for me were that I was trying to learn everything on the fly including all the acronymns for everything that everyone uses. A better gollosary of terms would be really helpful for newbies too. But if you are more up on things like that you may have less problems then I did. People are pretty patient on this board though with stuff like that it seems. Being on as many message boards for PVR are HTPC stuff as possible helped me a lot too because I got a lot of input on how to fix problems and sometimes there's a much simpler way to fix something then at first is presented to you by one person. Anyway, now I'm rambling. Good luck with your project as much frustration as I've had I had a lot of fun building mine.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I would assume not. This plug-in was written right before 0.2 using some SVN files right before the 0.2 final release. Is there any reason why you are using such an old version? The 0.2 release (in my eyes) is almost a new product with all the enchantments that have been made. I suggest upgrading to 0.2 final and then loading the 0.2.0.4 stable patch. When you get to that point, the plug-in should work just fine. If not, post your issue here.

Neph

Portal Member
    August 15, 2006
    Anyone else having a problm with this plugin connecting to the internet? It was working fine till two days ago, then alert saying it can't connect started to popup. Any reason why this would happen? I've changed no settings since the initial install of the plugin, and I haven't updated with a daily build(MP 0.0.4 is what is running now).

wishywashy

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2005
    Hill AFB, UT
    Home Country
    Have you check the usual culprits? Try looking at your firewall, internet connection, maybe your zap2it subscription expired.

Thraka

August 17, 2006
    Error log here.

The plugin doesn't show my lineup after I save it. Under Zap2It Lineups, I hit "refresh", & it shows my correct info (Time Warner...), then "Load" and it shows the list of channels, then "Save".

I go into MP and get an error message that it was unable to process channels and it asks me if I ran the autoupdate.

I have this same problem. I'm also new to this. I have autotuned my cards and when I go load my data and go back intothe plugin it's all clear.

But it updated the guide. Funny thing though is it updated the guide but some channels are incorrect, but they are correct on the zap2it website in my profile. And when it downloads the list in the plugin config (but again, it's gone when I close and come back) it's correct also.

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    I'm also running into the issue of not being able to save my Zap2it Lineups.

I click refresh (loads the DirecTV San Francisco and Local lineups I have configured on my Zap2it account) DIRECTV San Francisco - San Francisco - Satellite and Local Broadcast Listings - Antenna (for <my zipcodehere>)

I click on the green arrow to load the lineup and it loads.

I click on the save icon and get this error: "Error acessing lineups" "The operation has timed out"

I still have to manually add all my TV Channels to MP (using an STB with S-Video into the HTPC) but that's another story. I can't autotune my channels with satellite...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom