Pandora MusicBox 1.3.3 (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: Pandora MusicBox 1.0.3 Beta

Pandora changed their API again. New version is linked in the first post and below, it should correct any problems you are having with earlier releases running the old API. Sorry for the hiccup! Just the nature of working with an undocumented API I guess...

Download

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country

Nope, just updated to work with the new API.

EDIT: Actually I did just create an MPEI installer. Updated above links to point to that instead of the ZIP. If anyone still wants archives instead of the installer we will continue to produce both.

jrichards52081

Portal Member
November 8, 2010
Home Country

This is a very polished plugin for a Beta. Thanks! It is working great for me. I have a few questions/suggestions:

1. Can you put the keymappings into the first post or create a ReadMe? I think I figured out all of the options, but I don't know if I've missed anything because it's been trial and error. I'd be willing to help write it.

2. Is it possible to use the up/down arrows to Thumbs up/Thumbs down a song rather than having to bring up the menu selection?

3. Is there a way to change key mappings? I'd like the right arrow to skip a song rather than the skip button (or in addition to).

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country

is it possible to link this to the My Lyrics plugin somehow and have the lyrics displayed on the Pandora screen? that would be awesome.

thanks
Mike Burgoon

rolls1400

Portal Pro
August 26, 2007
Home Country

Fforde, may I ask how you go about figuring out an undocumented api? I have worked with apis before (flickr and yahoo for example) but all were well documented. When I started looking into a pandora plugin I realized there wasnt an api so didnt mess with it. The forum might not be the right place to talk about this since most people might not care but I am very interested. thanks for another great plugin!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country

To be honest rolls1400, other people blazed the trail. There is a Linux command line application called PianoBar that connects with the Pandora API in the same way we do. This application helped tremendously in figuring out the encryption scheme used by Pandora. The Pandora API uses a well documented encryption algorithm called the Blowfish Cypher (here is our implementation). I have no idea how the PianoBar guys figured this out though, I really think that maybe one of them had an inside source. But regardless, once we figured out the encryption algorithm, everything else was easy. It's all just encrypted HTTP connections to and from the Pandora servers, and if you know how to decrypt the payload it just boils down to XMLRPC calls. And those are easy to figure out.

Since we have been working on this project, Pandora has changed the decryption keys every few months or so. This is a nuisance but the new keys can be figured out with a flash decompiler and a bit of ingenuity.

DGalt

Portal Pro
November 23, 2010
Re: Pandora MusicBox 1.0.3

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but is there a way to choose which Pandora Playlist you're listening to?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Re: Pandora MusicBox 1.0.3

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but is there a way to choose which Pandora Playlist you're listening to?
Press the menu button (I think F9 on the keyboard?)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Re: Pandora MusicBox 1.0.4

Just pushed out a minor update to fix backdrop issues on holiday stations when using this plugin with Fanart Handler. If you don't plan on listening to any Christmas stations this update is safe to skip.

Download

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom