Pandora MusicBox 1.3.3 (2 Viewers)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: Pandora MusicBox 1.0.0 Beta

Guys, please read the instructions above. Pandora changed their encryption key so you will need to download the new version of the plugin. Because of the changed encryption key you will have to enter the configuration screen and reenter your password. On this screen it will state "Unexpected Error". Ignore this, the error is because Pandora does not like your password as it was stored encrypted with the old encryption key. Delete the text in the password field, reenter your password, and click "Sign In". It will validate your account and you should again be good to go.

And sorry for the inconvenience. We will try to avoid stuff like this in the future.

No matter what I do, I am unable to get authentication to work. I don't know if this matters, but I am trying the plugin for the first time, so I don't have the password stored with the old encryption key.

• Make sure you are using the latest version of the plugin (1.0.1 at the time of this post).
  • Make sure you have the login and password correct. Verify it on the Pandora website.
  • Make sure you have at least one station created before using the plugin.

If you have done these things and it still is not working, what exactly is happening? When trying to authenticate in the config screen does it display an error message? And finally, if you are still having trouble can you post debug log files?

Cruzer

Portal Pro
February 16, 2008
Home Country
Re: Pandora MusicBox 1.0.0 Beta

• Make sure you are using the latest version of the plugin (1.0.1 at the time of this post).
  • Make sure you have the login and password correct. Verify it on the Pandora website.
  • Make sure you have at least one station created before using the plugin.

If you have done these things and it still is not working, what exactly is happening? When trying to authenticate in the config screen does it display an error message? And finally, if you are still having trouble can you post debug log files?

Still unable to authenticate in the config screen. Confirmed that Pandora worked from web browser. I have about 8 station setup in Pandora. I tried changing my password, but that made no difference.

The first time I try to login, it says it is verifying the credentials for about 3 seconds then gives the unexpected error. After that, all future attempts to login instantly give the unexpected error. Even if I close the plugin configuration and re-open, it instantly errors.

Hope this is the log you are looking for. If not, tell me which log you need and how to generate it. And most of all, thanks.:D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Re: Pandora MusicBox 1.0.2 Beta

We have released a new version of the plugin. Only a few bug fixes are included, but this should make thing run a little bit more smoothly. Specifically this should fix the sad trombone that will sometimes play when trying to restart Pandora playback after leaving your system idle for several hours. Initial post in this thread is also updated.

Download

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country

I posted some Pandora skin files in the CLR skin thread. They are adapted from the files for Blue3Wide. Hope you find them useful.

Fantastic, thanks for implementing this! I have added a link to our opening post.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country

It is not obvious from the Blu3Wide files, but, is there a way to display the song #currentplaytime / #duration labels?

Thanks

-Chuck

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country

Yes those values are available; you should be using the standard labels provided by MediaPortal, we aren't doing anything special. I don't recall what the exact label names are but it's the same fields used on the on screen popup when playing media on the home screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom