Pandora MusicBox 1.3.3 (1 Viewer)

Cruzer

Portal Pro
February 16, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: Pandora MusicBox 1.0.4

First of all, I have to let you know I really like this plugin and appreciate your hard work. The plugin integrate very nicely into MP and in general works very nicely with other plugins such as My Lyrics and Fanart Handler. Nice job!

I have a question and I'm sure you can answer it. Does this use the BASS player? So here is the behavior I see that is interesting. I was using BASS and had MP configured to do visualization (Milkdrop). However, I changed over to PureAudio since I feel it does a better job with gapless playback. However, PureAudio does not support visualization. No big deal. However, when Pandora plays, and I go to the Now Playing screen of My Music, I have visualization! So I figure that this must not be using PureAudio but is using BASS instead.

There also is some strange / wrong behavior when I go to Now Playing. I'm not sure that you support going to that screen, so there may be nothing you can do, but I will mention it anyhow. When you first go to the Now Playing screen, the artist / song information is just a long string of garbage. If you leave it on this screen, when the next song starts, the metadata is updated correctly. Also, the date information for the song shows the time and date that the song started playing, not the year the song was recorded. Just thought I would point this out.

Anyhow, keep up the good work! MP wouldn't be half the product it is without your effort. Oh, and I love the movie Rope. It's a classic.

Slammed1000

Portal Member
January 16, 2009
Home Country

I'm having the sale issue. Use to work fine. Uninstalled and reinstalled, same problem.

meckanik

June 25, 2008
Home Country

My issues (see previous post) were resolved with the previous update to StreamedMP. I installed the MP update, reinstalled the Pandora plugin and things work well.

I still occasionally see the raw xml and I cannot switch from another source (Last.fm, local music, ect...) to Pandora, it doesn't seem to switch the audio stream correctly.

Other than that things are working well. Thanks!

-Jeff

jacc1234

Portal Pro
April 11, 2008

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
February 9, 2009
Ohio
Home Country

I was able to get this plugin working for Maya. But is there any official skin support for Maya? Pandora's working, but the display is kinda all over the place.

Thanks in advance!!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country

I will take a look at the playback stopping at ads bug. Sorry for the trouble guys.

As far as Maya support, that is a question for the Maya subforum. Like most plugins, Pandora MusicBox is only distributed with a Blue3Wide skin.

EDIT: Okay so I tried to reproduce the "music stops playing after an advertisement" bug and I can not reproduce. Can someone that is having this issue please post debug log files? Please be sure you have MediaPortal in debug mode and post your MediaPortal.log and pandoramusicbox.log file. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks in advance for the help!

jacc1234

Portal Pro
April 11, 2008

Sure will do. Thanks for looking into it. It seems to be random but happens at least once every time I have used it. I have noticed that the bug does not occur during playback of the genre stations so make sure its a custom station because thats where I see it most. I assume it cant be affecting everyone because im sure there would be a ton more posts.

I really appreciate all of your plugin work fforde and will continue to donate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom