kintxo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello:
    I need two access restr.
    Exist any Plugging to control the acces to some films f.ex. X movies with a password?
    And exist a menu access with password? F. E. Settings menu

Thanks

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes.

Put the movie files you want to restrict the access to in a separate folder. In MP configuration (video - video folders) add this folder's path and add a PIN code.

MP will show an on screen keyboard to enter the code when accessing this folder.

VdR

kintxo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thanks,
    but de pin code is in windows system?

another cuestion i can protect the access a concret menu of mp , for example seting menu
    Thanks

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No, pin code is 'in MP'.

Good question about the settings function. I 'blocked' this by changing the skin files ...

VdR

kintxo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    thanks for the pin its perfect for me
    But i Understand about the settings, where do you make the changes?
    Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    Good shout! Working when setting the network to private. Windows 7 firewall certainly doesn't behave like it does in Windows 10/11. Saved me a lot of time having to debug the code. Thanks for the tip!
    Good shout! Working when setting the network to private. Windows 7 firewall certainly doesn't behave like it does in Windows 10/11...
    Hello, I spent a couple of days trying to resolve this issue and cannot figure it out. I have set up MediaPortal Server on an old...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    I just upgraded to 1.32 and now, when I start TV-Service Config, I get this error: [2024-01-31 09:33:13,138] [Log ] [SetupTv...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom