[PATCH] Improvements for analog cards (2 Viewers)

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm also wondering why the TvServer tries to get a video and audio multiplexed stream and than demultiplexes it, before it get multiplexed again and connects to MPFileWriter. I'm just asking myself, for which reason this demultiplexing step is needed. I see in the code that in some cases it is useful for differing between tv and radio, but in many cases this goal could be achieved in a better way.
    Any help is very welcome, especially testers are needed, when I have finished the new version ;) But I would like to see this patch included in SVN before the new version is ready, because my work will be based on it.

MisterD
    The demultiplexing is done because all of the hardware encoding cards output some form of program stream. The TV Server uses a transport stream. So, the server demultiplexes the (maybe compliant, maybe not) program stream into the elementary streams and the Live555 library classes multiplex those into the transport stream which is a more fault tolerant way of streaming mpeg2.

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The demultiplexing is done because all of the hardware encoding cards output some form of program stream. The TV Server uses a transport stream. So, the server demultiplexes the (maybe compliant, maybe not) program stream into the elementary streams and the Live555 library classes multiplex those into the transport stream which is a more fault tolerant way of streaming mpeg2.
    Thanks for this explanation. I think that for some card types the graph than can be optimized.

@all:
    I have started a new thread for all this planning and additional changes to keep this thread clean and only for the current patch. Take a look here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/planning_improvements_analog_cards-t33630.html

MisterD

hassegubben

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2006
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    "- Moved teletext handling to MPFileWriter
    A result of this change is that DVB and analog cards are now using the same decoding routines. One of the next steps will be to store the teletext data in .ts files."

Am i dreaming? Will it be possible to turn on/off teletext subtitles for analogue HW tuners if I have selected to record with teletext subtitles?

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Am i dreaming? Will it be possible to turn on/off teletext subtitles for analogue HW tuners if I have selected to record with teletext subtitles?

Currently it isn't possible, but this patch includes the first steps towards this. Unfortunately one last step has to be done, which is the most complicated and critical step. The data has to be stored in the .ts files.
    When this step has been completed, you can watch teletext like with DVB cards. Perhaps there are some changes needed in the teletext subtitle handling, but this is an other topic.
    But I can't say when this step will be completed, since there are further investigations needed.

MisterD

hassegubben

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2006
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This is great news!!I can't wait for the final implementation!I hope to be of some help with testing later on this spring when my new rig is finished.

vertiger

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    here are the log files from a test with a HVR 4000 and Cinergy Hybird XS

tested encoders: Mainconcept (Hauppauge) encoder
    Intervideo encoder (from WinDVR3)

they are not working at all. hope this helps

EDIT: i forgot - i use SVN 16907

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After reviewing the logs, I don't see any problems for the HVR-4000 except that you get the famous "No Audio/Video error". But there are no reason why you have this problem.
    Chemelli has tested my patch successfully with a HVR-4000, mainconcept (Hauppauge) encoder and Vista. But if I remember correctly chemelli had the problem too when we tested the patch for the first time. I can't remember the solution for this problem.

The Cinergy Hybrid XS shouldn't work at all with TvServer from what I can see in the log. There is an error in your log that is happening before my modifications in the graph building process. The server tries to find the audio and video output pins on the capture filter and can't find them there.

Is the card working in TVE2? Or can you give me a screenshot of a working graph?
    Then perhaps I might be able to modify the code, so the server can detect the card too.

MisterD

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Chemelli has tested my patch successfully with a HVR-4000, mainconcept (Hauppauge) encoder and Vista. But if I remember correctly chemelli had the problem too when we tested the patch for the first time. I can't remember the solution for this problem.

The issue was database related: your table was not created correctly in the way I was running your sql script.

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom