[PATCH] Improvements for analog cards (4 Viewers)

Arn01805

Portal Pro
July 31, 2006
Breda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi miserd,

Just tested your patch. Seems it working alright my my two Hauppauge PVR-150-MCE cards. These cards have HW MPG encoding, so couldn't test the encoding part.

Recording in ts format worked just fine, teletext I still have to try, but I don't know you finished that part already.

It seems after timeshifting, that the timeshift buffer couldn't be erased. After stopping timeshift, I still have the timeshift buffer files in my timeshift dir. See my attached logfiles.

Are there more things you like to have tested?

For channelswitching time, I couldn't tell it improved or not. For my feeling it's the same as origional.
I would love to test your patch with an improved bitrate for the hauppauge PVR-150-MCE cards, because this is really bothering me in the origional TV-Server (This in fact was the reason for me to go dvb ;-))

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Just trying your new patch. With AIW 9800 with T200 filters.

The ATI encoders should be 'Media Center' and not 'MPEG' (these are the old VCR encoders that are incompatable)

I am still geting the problem that the ATI T200 filters are returning that they are not software mpeg but hardware and so the graph build fails as the build engine doesn't look for software encoders.

Do you know where i can look to try and correct this ?

Or can it be forced in the patch (for testing until we find the real reason why !)

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Recording in ts format worked just fine, teletext I still have to try, but I don't know you finished that part already.

It seems after timeshifting, that the timeshift buffer couldn't be erased. After stopping timeshift, I still have the timeshift buffer files in my timeshift dir. See my attached logfiles.

Are there more things you like to have tested?

For channelswitching time, I couldn't tell it improved or not. For my feeling it's the same as origional.
    I would love to test your patch with an improved bitrate for the hauppauge PVR-150-MCE cards, because this is really bothering me in the origional TV-Server (This in fact was the reason for me to go dvb ;-))
    I have moved only the teletext handling into the filter. Therefor we have to test that everything is still working. One possible next step is to store this data in the timeshift files, but I want to integrate this patch first into SVN.

I have seen this error too, but the timeshift buffer files can't be deleted in the standard version for me too. But I will look if I can fix this issue.

I'm currently thinking about PQ and will discuss my ideas with diehard2 to find a solution for this problem or get this feature into TVE3.
    Thanks for you test report and you should test it as much as you can. Perhaps you will find an issue.

Just trying your new patch. With AIW 9800 with T200 filters.

The ATI encoders should be 'Media Center' and not 'MPEG' (these are the old VCR encoders that are incompatable)

I am still geting the problem that the ATI T200 filters are returning that they are not software mpeg but hardware and so the graph build fails as the build engine doesn't look for software encoders.

Do you know where i can look to try and correct this ?

Or can it be forced in the patch (for testing until we find the real reason why !)
    I only have the MPEG version of the ATI encoders here and for me they are working great.

You have to modify the code of TVE3, if you want to use your card with TVE3. This part of the graph building is located in the class TvAnalogCardBase.cs.
    Since the patch seems to be quite stable for other peoples, I don't think that I should modify my patch to support your card. I think that this could have some side-effects on some other tv cards. :sorry:

Anyway thanks for your interests and tests.

MisterD

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Out of curiosity which card of yours is using the ATI MPEG Audio and Video encoders, which ATI driver package WDM/T200 and is the card software or hardware AIW ?

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have an X850 graphics card with a video input with Windows XP and I haven't updated the drivers for a long time now. Unfortunately I can't use this video input in TVE3, because it isn't detected (no tuner). But these encoders are working perfect with my old analog medion card.

MisterD

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Thanks for the reply.

A little help if you could.

I have reinstalled the ATI MPEG encoders and using graphedit i am testing the graph builds.

What are the best filters to use after the ATI MPEG encoders, ie mpeg mux to tswriter?

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    IMHO there isn't a general solution for the encoder problem. The ATI encoders are the best encoders for my old medion card. For my HVR-900 I have to use the Mainconcept (Hauppauge) encoders. The muxer isn't a problem for me and so I always use the standard of TVE3.
    This is why I added the priority feature for the encoders. I know that this isn't a perfect solution.

MisterD

wimpies

Portal Member
    October 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hello,

I have a analog hauppauge 150 MCE. This is the first time that i can listen to a analog fm-radio chanel without first activating a analog tv-channel. (downsize: sometimes i first hear the audio from last tv-channel)
    By the way i love the VBR 6000-8000. This patch is definitely a breakthrough for analog cards!

great thx

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi wimpies,
    thanks for your feedback. Good to hear that analog radio is still working for you, because I can't get it working at all.

MisterD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom