[PATCH] Improvements for analog cards (1 Viewer)

vertiger

Portal Pro
July 8, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
The cinergy hybrid xs should work with TVE2, it is in the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml. However i can not verify it (uninstalled the TV plugin - but MP just hangs).

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for this information. I will have a look at the definition. Perhaps I find a solution.

MisterD

Arn01805

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2006
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Any news? I'm excited about this patch!

I hope it will
    1. improve switchtime between channels
    2. improve time to switch from dvb to my analogue Hauppauge MCE150 cards
    3. improve PQ on my analogue Hauppauge MCE150!!!!

Great job done if this can be made! Keep up the good work.

Wished this development could be in SVN already. (With a switch to turn it on/off perhaps C:\analoguepatch.txt to trigger the activation of the new patch.)
    I'd love to test and give feedback, but want to profit from the fixes done in the SVN too..

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Currently I'm working on an installer for the patch. When it's finished I will release an updated version of the patch for latest SVN.

In some circumstances the patch can improve the channel switching time for your card. The time that is needed for switching between different cards shouldn't be affected by this patch, but I'm not sure.
    The PQ is one of the goals for the next patch. Look here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/planning_improvements_analog_cards-t33630.html

A switch isn't possible, because I made many changes to the MPFileWriter filter with new interfaces etc. That makes it impossible to include such a switch into the code.

vertiger: I looked today at the definitions in CaputreCardDefinitions.xml for your cinergy card. I found out that in these graphs your sound card is used as the audio source. This isnt supported by TvServer. The TvServer always needs a capture filter that is source for video and audio. I'm not quite sure if it is a good idea to add support for this case, because it could be that the sound card gets locked when the graph is created by the server. This will happen when you use the card on an analog channel for the first time until you stop the server or switch to a DVB-T channel on the same card.

MisterD

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have updated the patch for Revision 17110. This time I have included an installer, which makes the installation quite easy. You can also uninstall the patch.

Please report any result.

MisterD

vertiger

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I have updated the patch for Revision 17110. This time I have included an installer, which makes the installation quite easy. You can also uninstall the patch.

Please report any result.

MisterD

i have tried with my HVR-4000 --> the every first tune worked, but now all i get is "timeshifting filesize 0 timeout".

i have reduced the timeshifting filesize (as stated in some thread) but that did not worked

logs appened

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does the analog part of the HVR-4000 work without the patch? Because I can't find any reason why it isn't working for you. There are still no real error messages, except that the filter isn't receiving any video/audio :(

If the card is working without the patch could you please provide a log of this too?

MisterD

vertiger

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Does the analog part of the HVR-4000 work without the patch? Because I can't find any reason why it isn't working for you. There are still no real error messages, except that the filter isn't receiving any video/audio :(

If the card is working without the patch could you please provide a log of this too?

MisterD

nope, not working
    -----------------------------
    great, i have got it working

i have upgraded the driver of the hvr-4000 (now from 17.12.2007) and soft pvr encoder.
    imcreased the timers after for unscrambled and timeshift

after executing an restart it just worked :)

just great

note: video and audio is not in sync

Arn01805

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2006
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is it possible to test the patch in a tv-server with combined analogue and dvb tuners? Or should I remove the dvb tuners first?
    I testing can be done with both analog and dvb tuners will the patch change the behaviour of dvb tuners?

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You don't have to remove the dvbt- tuners. The changes are only affecting analog tv cards. So you shouldn't notice any difference on your dvb-t tuners.

MisterD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom