[Patch] Tuner Issue and channel-scan crash - Windows XP (2 Viewers)

nonobio

March 12, 2013
Home Country
France France
Also, is this fix only for the dvb issue with MediaPortal, or does it apply to other PVR software too

Hi, I don't found answer to this question.So, do i need this patch if i use another tv server like argus or nextpvr ?

VGAP

March 21, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hmmm... I've downloaded the dvbfix.zip.exe (why is the archive not downloadable directly..?) and this program loaded the dvbfix.zip archive. But it is not possible to open the archive. Not with Windows, not with 7zip... I have tried it on two computers. Is there another source for this fix..?

Last edited:

f_bman

Portal Member
October 26, 2007
Sthlm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Just downgraded to xpPro from w7. Might been a mistake, however... can't d-load that freaking file. It's just 200kb, can't you add it to the post instead put it on that "filefactory"?

f_bman

Portal Member
October 26, 2007
Sthlm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Just downgraded to xpPro from w7. Might been a mistake, however... can't d-load that freaking file. It's just 200kb, can't you add it to the post instead put it on that "filefactory"?

ehhhmmmm... forget about it. seems like I missed scrolling down to the "download" button. Tried with the icon next to the file ...

samsam13

May 3, 2013
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Airw0lf

Portal Pro
April 19, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I unregistered the three files in the dvbfix and went into my TV Server 1.4 configuration and checked under "additional 3rd party checks." It still claims that the MS DVB hotfix is installed, which is pretty weird don't you think? I am running Xp SP3 and am up to date with all updates. Could MS have snuck in a recent update that makes dvbfix unnecessary?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I unregistered the three files in the dvbfix...
    First and biggest question: why would you want to do that? :)
    What are you trying to achieve here?

...and went into my TV Server 1.4 configuration and checked under "additional 3rd party checks." It still claims that the MS DVB hotfix is installed, which is pretty weird don't you think?
    I just did the same and TV Server tells me that I'm missing the hotfix. In other words, unregistering was not complete/successful on your PC, or you've got the hotfix installed and registered somewhere else.

I am running Xp SP3 and am up to date with all updates. Could MS have snuck in a recent update that makes dvbfix unnecessary?
    Unlikely, but I guess there is a remote possibility. Again though, what are you trying to do?

Airw0lf

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am running Xp SP3 and am up to date with all updates. Could MS have snuck in a recent update that makes dvbfix unnecessary?
    Unlikely, but I guess there is a remote possibility. Again though, what are you trying to do?[/quote]

Mainly curiosity to be honest. I am pretty sure I don't have the fix registered anywhere else as I did a search of my PC for those files. They are only found in 2 places - Windows system folder (i.e., MS originals) and my dvbfix folder. But never mind, I just re-registered my dvbfix files and will just carry on as usual...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom