[Patch] Tuner Issue and channel-scan crash - Windows XP (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The issues with ASTC and NA-sat support, are those with the new TV-Server or the old TV Engine 2?
    Both. Tve2 is a lot worse.

If I remember right, you can't get HD with the old TV Server 2 engine, correct? What kind of issues should I be looking for.

Do you have any idea of the PsisDecd.dll version the hotfix installs?
    Just download the hotix and check the fileversion.

I had no idea ATSC might not work well when I started looking into MediaPortal *what a bummer*
    The hotfix is required for stability. Otherwise you face crashes. Even though it might only be required for dvb, we made the decision that it is a general requirement to have it installed. that way you will not run into issues if you use a dvb card one day.
    and that is pretty common at least here in europe, where analog dies everywhere (broadcast switched to dvb about 4 years ago here).

You mentioned remaining issues. Any idea of what I should be looking for?
    I do not know all the exact issues. Some users report they have no trouble at all, others can not even find channels when scaning.
    Sadly we have no team member who could confirm any of the issues.

BlackShadow

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I applied this patch (winXp Sp3) because I got the error when starting tv server configuration
    But now I get:
    version 0.0.0.0 of psisdecd.dll has too many bugs
    Did something go wrong (all messages of the runMe.bat were successful)
    I can watch live tv but recording doesn't work (maybe because my epg still is empty?)

Jeroen

Cornice Jump

Portal Member
    January 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Mine says the same thing to. I believe this message only comes up after I have run Mediaportal and exited, then tried to run the TV-server Configuration.

Also, I have installed the DVB patch as recommended. (My system already has sp3 integrated)

BlackShadow

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I found the problem.
    Do not move or delete the patch folder after it is applied!
    He uses the files in that folder after applying the patch

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Guys, I don't know what the proportion is of users with analogue cards compared to digital but maybe it's not bad to mention that this also applies when using analogue cards.
    The way it is now - also in the wiki - gives the impression it's not needed with analogue cards.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thank you Peter2. I hope I have clarified the point on all the relevant Wiki pages, including General Requirements and our Quick Setup Guide. If you find any that are not, please let me know.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Done. Sorry for all the confusion. I was confused myself, but infinityloop clarified that this patch became a general requirement a while ago.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    No problem! ;)

I was confused myself since I too was under the impression that back then it was not required for my situation.
    It's only when I got some errors and posting them, that Chris told me to install it and being quite sure that the information was not really as it should be, I thought it was a good idea to mention this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom