[Patch] Tuner Issue and channel-scan crash - Windows XP (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Renamed thread, removed "dvb", hopefully that will stop confusion as this applies to dvb\analogue\atsc which would make the title boringly long ;)

tights

August 12, 2011
    Is this a virus or something? I tried the hotfix and the result was that MediaPortal, NextPVR and Arcsoft Totalmedia have completely stopped working. I have had problems installing WMP11 but even so do I have to be punished by having my system totally screwed? Is there not just a windows update for this, possibly windows update KB896626?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi tights

No this is not a virus. It is needed because Microsoft in their infinite wisdom decided not to back-port some critical (for media playback) fixes to Windows XP. Hopefully that answers your question about why there is no Windows update KB for this. If you're using an illegal version of Windows as you seem to indicate in one of your other posts then expect problems. Do the right thing and buy a legitimate version of Windows.

mm

MiPr

January 13, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ok.. trying to get my old media centre up and running again - but this time with media portal... looks promising but I cant apply this fix cause the file doesnt seem available anymore?

the tv configure program complains about psisdecd.dll not being registrered properly which I guess need to be solved by this fix?

MiPr

January 13, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    yep - worka like a charm! ty so much - really impressed sofar.. fingers crossed - time to hook it up to the tv and the cable :)

Ron Pugh

February 8, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Download works fine for me too, thanks

However on install I get a "failed to unregistermpg2 data" --- all else 'succeeded', is this a problem?

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom