Picture Thumbnail Generation rework (1 Viewer)

markus_g

Portal Pro
August 12, 2006
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,
Not sure if these fixes have been included in the latest build for Scythe42's fixes for 1.4.0. If they have I have noticed that video thumbs no longer generate when viewing via pictures or videos. I still plan to do some more testing and possibly supply logs but I thought I might mention it early.
I have noticed that TV recording thumbs work much better now.

Regards,
Markus

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    Change should be included so it's maybe a regression.
    Could you supply your log and step by step how to reproduce it ?

markus_g

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,
    Change should be included so it's maybe a regression.
    Could you supply your log and step by step how to reproduce it ?

Hi,
    I should be able to capture some logs tomorrow night. It is fairly easy for me to reproduce it.

1) Clear all thumbnails for Videos and Pictures including black listed just in case.
    2) Reset the picture database.
    2) Make sure thumbnails are set to yes in the specific video folder.
    3) Update picture database from selected shares and wait till finished. ( This also seems to no longer update the progress as it did in V1.3.0.0 )
    4) Go to a video folder via pictures or videos and no thumbnails are displayed. Picture thumbnail are displayed.
    5) Go back to previous folder and back into the folder and still no thumbnail.

Regards,

Markus.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks but what do you mean by : 2) Make sure thumbnails are set to yes in the specific video folder. ?

markus_g

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks but what do you mean by : 2) Make sure thumbnails are set to yes in the specific video folder. ?
    Sorry I had two steps of the number 2. What I mean with (Make sure thumbnails are set to yes in the specific video folder.)
    Is in Mediaportal Configuration I have checked that I have set yes to thumbs in my video folder under the settings Video, Video Folders.

Regards,
    Markus

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    So that mean before, using Picture Generation from MP Config generate thumb for video also ?
    I just try and effectively no video thumb generated from there, but in MP Video Thumbs are generated from MyPictures but not from MP Config.

Doi have all understand correctly ? :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Update :

I just retry on 1.3.0Final and MP Config (Picture Thumbnail Generation) doesn't generated thumb for video files.

From MP :
    Go to MyPictures
    Go to a folder within videofiles in it
    Thumbs are generated in Live.

So i would say newest branch and 1.3.0 does the same :)

markus_g

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    So that mean before, using Picture Generation from MP Config generate thumb for video also ?
    I just try and effectively no video thumb generated from there, but in MP Video Thumbs are generated from MyPictures but not from MP Config.

Doi have all understand correctly ? :)
    Hi,
    Thankyou for testing it.

I wasn't sure if video picture generation ever worked via mediaportal configuration picture generation but it did work for me through mediaportal Mypictures previously being generated live.
    I will do some more tests and capture logs tomorrow. (Wife is currently using TV). l also I might try a full uninstall and then an install of the latest build instead of just a upgrade from 1.3 to the latest build as I did before.

The main reason I included to clear picture database and recreate in the step by step is I wasn't sure if picture thumbs and video thumbs were linked.

Kind Regards,
    Markus

Last edited:

markus_g

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,
    I reinstalled from a full uninstall trying both 1.3 final and the latest build. I couldn't get any thumbnail generation for video files with either so it appears my problem currently isn't related to the latest build (sorry).
    I have noticed that all of the numbered video thumbnail folders are empty.
    With this log file I went to a folder with some videos played 2 of them and no thumbnails are showing up in MyPictures or MyVideos.

I did notice this message in the log file.

[2013-05-03 14:32:37,905] [Log ] [PoolThread40] [WARN ] - GUIPictures: Omitting outside path M:\Photos and video\Overseas Holiday 05 from check share M:\Photos and video\Overseas Holiday 05\Video

Regards,
    Markus

Attachments

• MediaPortallog030513.txt
      181.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom