[fixed] Pictures currentSlideIndex resetting to -1 [Mantis #4461] (1 Viewer)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It did for me - that might be pure coincidence (I used the same folder with pictures) but in 3 tests it randomized the pics.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep it's related :)

I'm debugging right now and now on folder with 3 pictures random is respected :) but when we have folder1 with inside some pictures then folder2 with pictures and so on.

Random will work but it's possible that we see again already seen pictures, i try to find a way to remove already seeing pictures but like pictures use index from a list and use cache and use prev/current/next etc. that not easy :(

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yep it's related :)

I'm debugging right now and now on folder with 3 pictures random is respected :) but when we have folder1 with inside some pictures then folder2 with pictures and so on.

Random will work but it's possible that we see again already seen pictures, i try to find a way to remove already seeing pictures but like pictures use index from a list and use cache and use prev/current/next etc. that not easy :(

Looking at the logic, it does seem to make a list and then use it.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Progress - it does look like it is Shuffling too often. 1.3 does re-shuffle after the whole slide show if loop is turned on - so you do not get the exact same slide show twice.

P.S.: What did the commit try to achieve? It moved the shuffling to another place? Maybe revert it?

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I'm not in mood to do full regression lol (i have the mind tired :) ), can you try attached bin ?

In this bin, should be fixed :
    • EXIF
    • Going to Fullscreen (when shuffle is enable) right/left should stay in order
    • ESC after going to fullscreen, should go on last item played
    • Recursive SlideShow (no more duplicate played item)
    • Auto-repeat with Recursive SlideShow should work and again no duplicate files should be played
    Can you try and see regression ? (could be nice to test with music and with video/pictures)

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @mbuzina - did you have time to test?

@Sebastiii - I will mantis the remaining two issues for 1.4.0. Just to clarify, these are

1. Picture slideshow in random order can repeat some pictures and miss others

2. help me out here. What is the exact issue with recursive slideshow? What is a recursive slideshow and how does the issue differ from 1 ? Do we even need a second mantis entry since these seem like similar issues? Will it actually be possible to provide a fix for one and a separate fix for the other?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Sebastiii - I will mantis the remaining two issues for 1.4.0. Just to clarify, these are

1. Picture slideshow in random order can repeat some pictures and miss others

Yep

2. help me out here. What is the exact issue with recursive slideshow? What is a recursive slideshow and how does the issue differ from 1 ? Do we even need a second mantis entry since these seem like similar issues? Will it actually be possible to provide a fix for one and a separate fix for the other?

You are right both issues has to be solved together (so it's in fact one issue with some effect).
    When fixing 1. issue, Recursive should be fixed too but like recursive slideshow analyse subfolder only when item is a folder (from a list), random option will rearrange already seen picture + new one found in folder (hmmm i'm not clear). Now it shouldn't happen with the fix.

So 'What is the exact issue with recursive slideshow?' :
    -> Random order can repeat some pictures and miss others (Fixed in issue 1.)
    -> when folder is found, it reorder the list (so already seeing picture is back to play.)

so 'What is a recursive slideshow and how does the issue differ from 1 ?':
    -> when adding new picture from a folder -> we go to : when folder is found, it reorder the list (so already seeing picture is back to play.)

so 'Do we even need a second mantis entry since these seem like similar issues?' :
    -> I think not because the fix need to be global.

so 'Will it actually be possible to provide a fix for one and a separate fix for the other?' :
    -> i would say no.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom