[fixed] Pictures currentSlideIndex resetting to -1 [Mantis #4461] (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    - 0004461: [Pictures] Pictures currentSlideIndex resetting to -1 (sebastiii) - ready for testing.

seems to be working perfectly. I can see no issues.

Thanks :) but it seems @mbuzina detect something in first post of thread :
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ndex-resetting-to-1.119203/page-2#post-997587
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ndex-resetting-to-1.119203/page-2#post-997599 <<<--- by read him again i follow now the 2nd regression but not sure if the fix can be easy.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just checked against 1.3:
    the 2nd issue is a regression. In 1.3 you could have random slideshows turned on, go to fullscreen on one picture and left & right would work in Listview order (no random). Random would only affect a real slideshow.

The first issue is not a real regression, just a different behaviour. In 1.3 MP would always select the first entry in the list view after a random slideshow. This version selects the picture which is at the same position as number of pictures shown.

So I guess changing fullscreen not to use randomization is probably quite easy, so if it is possible to do we could avoid a regression here (y)

But with the fix is not worse than without it? Just different.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    the 2nd issue is a regression. In 1.3 you could have random slideshows turned on, go to fullscreen on one picture and left & right would work in Listview order (no random). Random would only affect a real slideshow.

So I guess changing fullscreen not to use randomization is probably quite easy, so if it is possible to do we could avoid a regression here (y)

I have a fix for this, i will attach a new bin (last item + only enable random pictures when using slide/recursive show) :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    But with the fix is not worse than without it? Just different.

I think it's a another issues (if we call it like this) effectively, i always use random even if it's not a slideshow / recursive one.
    With the new bin it should be ok.

But that need testing for sure :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

I have a fix for this, i will attach a new bin (last item + only enable random pictures when using slide/recursive show) :p

Here the new bin to test :)

Attachments

• WindowPlugins_Random_slideshow.zip
      437.6 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

Here the new bin to test :)

Going to do a quick before and after test with this before I start work. Just to be clear, what setting do I enable for this?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Tested with this dll, and when I enable 'auto shuffle slideshow' and then use the arrow keys to move around, it no longer uses randomisation and hitting 'escape' returns with the last viewed picture focused.

I didn't test with a real slideshow, but if that is still fine, then all is good.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Tested with a real random slideshow, and when I exit, if I let 3 pictures show, the focus is on the 3rd picture, not the last picture shown.

Presumably to fix this, selectedItemIndex needs to be updated every time a slide is changed during slideshow.

However, IMO we should merge the two fixes that are tested, and then mantis this remaining issue so we don't lose track of it.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Will note this info to the 4461 Mantis and will create a new one for the remaining issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom