PiipTV: LiveTV & remote PVR for Nokia Video Center (1 Viewer)

Khurram

Portal Pro
May 12, 2008
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
Hi manniainen, great to see you back :)

I am having trouble getting version 0.6.5.01 to work with MP 1.1.0. I enabled the plugin, restarted tvservice and then started the plugin's web service (all settings are at default settings). But I just get a blank page by browsing to the web address in my browser. netstat tells me that something is listening at port 5050. The wierd part is if I stop the plugin's web service, netstat still says there's a listener at 5050. I have not tried it on my N95 yet as I wanted to get the provisioning file by browsing to the "@getstatus" url which is also not working :(

Khurram

Portal Pro
May 12, 2008
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
you should use @webui url, that should work :)
Can you please specify the full url? I have tried http://<local ip address>:5050/@webui but it did not work. I cant find any button in the plugin's ui either to start the web interface. If memory serves me correctly, I believe it was there in the previous version.

Khurram

Portal Pro
May 12, 2008
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
yes, there is web ui button in plugin ui. Maybe you need to scroll bit down plugin ui window
Oh, this is so embarassing; there is indeed a scrollbar and a webui button at the bottom :oops:

I am still having problems getting tv streamed to my N95. I generated the provision file from the plugin ui, transferred the file to the phone and opened it in App Manager to install it. I get a Piip icon in Video Center, but opening gives an error that it cannot connect to the server. I looked at the provision file and noticed that it contained references to my WAN ip. I replaced all occurances with my local LAN ip, re-transferred the file and opened it again in App Manager. But I still get the same error when I open the icon in Video Center. I know that it is streaming as I can open the stream in VLC on both the machine running tvserver and another pc.

manniainen

Portal Pro
April 18, 2008
hi,

there is also tick button in plugin UI, where to select that use local IP then you don't need to change all IP's manually :)

Is your PC's same WLAN than N95 was? I'am just think that if PC and phone was different nw then there might be some firewall issues??

Has same setup worked for you ealier?

Khurram

Portal Pro
May 12, 2008
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
there is also tick button in plugin UI, where to select that use local IP then you don't need to change all IP's manually :)
Thanks for the tip.

Is your PC's same WLAN than N95 was? I'am just think that if PC and phone was different nw then there might be some firewall issues??

Has same setup worked for you ealier?
The firewall is not the problem as both the tvserver pc and N95 are in the same lan. In any case, I also tested it by disabling the firewall on the tvserver pc but the error is the same. Yes, it used to work before (I dont remember the exact MP version but it was about 1.0.2). In fact, the channel list I am getting on the N95 is from the earlier installation. Is there a way to remove the existing "installation" for PiipTv in N95? I couldnt find anything to uninstall in the App Manager.

manniainen

Portal Pro
April 18, 2008
"Is there a way to remove the existing "installation" for PiipTv in N95? I couldnt find anything to uninstall in the App Manager. "

You need to open Videocenter in phone and then open videocenter settings, there you can delete added services :)
Check, vod services and live services.

From application manager you can only uninstall whole applications, which is not possible in this case since Video center is default (rom application) in N95 and that cannot be uninstalled :)

Khurram

Portal Pro
May 12, 2008
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
You need to open Videocenter in phone and then open videocenter settings, there you can delete added services :)
Check, vod services and live services.
Thanks for the info. I deleted all the older links, regenerated the provision (used local ip for the xml file) and installed it on the N95. I get only one icon in Video Center with the label "PiipTvLive (tvserver machine name)". But running this again gives the same error (unable to connect to server). It cant be the firewall as I can ping N95's as it is trying to connect to the tvserver pc and the N95 can access the webui page also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom