PiipTV: LiveTV & remote PVR for Nokia Video Center (2 Viewers)

manniainen

Portal Pro
April 18, 2008
piip users with AMD processor??

Hi,

Is anyone using piipTV system top of AMD processor?

If piipTV AMD owners, could update VLC to 0.9.2 version and then activate from piipTV plugin UI advanced settings section AVC to use, and then just try to start service.

And report here that will VLC crash or not?

VLC fellows are thinking now that this issue might concern only intel processors...

Potential bug candidate :) https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/2006

THANKS!

cuberob

September 25, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi, first of all great plugin, you are the reason I am using Mediaportal now ;).
After a lot of fuzzing around I've finally gotten everything to work, streams work fine and I love the integration with video center on my n95-8gb. But still, ive got some small problems.
As you can see in the attachment 1 I've got all the channels set up with the correct names in the "tv channels" section but then when I take a look at the piiptv plugin it still shows all the channels with the incorrect names (e.g. "Dokters van morgen" is already supposed to be called "Nederland 1") this is quite annoying because the whole channel list on my n95 is of course based on what is shown in the piiptvplugin. Somehow the piiptvplugin just doesn't retrieve (or refresh with) the correct tv channel names. (same thing is also the case with the xmltv2 plugin but that's not your problem :p, and less anoyying because once set up correctly i never see those wrong names again)
Hope this is easy to fix or even something I'm personally doing wrong so I can start using my channel icons :).

Also piiptv uses all channels (also those "disabled in guide") dunno if this is supposed to be the case but if yes i can of course fix this myself by deleting all the unused channels.

thanks in advance and keep up the great great work!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    66.9 KB

manniainen

Portal Pro
April 18, 2008
hi, cuberob!

Analog system is bit tricky to setup for Mediaportal :( digital TV is much easier :)

This is how system works now, piipTV reads mediaportal database and gets there field called "channelname" and displays it in piipTV UI. All in Mediaportal are technically working using this field called "channelname" like channel change, recording etc. But in database there seems to be aslo field called "displaychannelname", once you edit channelname in TV-server, this field gets updated in database.

So piipTV should technically use "channelname" but to user it should show "displaychannelname" -> BUG IS ACCEPTED :D

I have now some new features on work, but maybe this is getting fixed after that...

About this disable guide, i think it's related only to that if EPG (in dvb-t/c) is grabbed to that channel or not. As you said you should just delete that channel. Or if you are using just phone, you can check if this helps, Video center -> piipTV live -> settings ->channel management -> deactivate??

cuberob

September 25, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
ghehe yeah I figured, analog TV support is indeed a bit (or very..) tricky.
But all in all I finally got it to work! Since I don't have the patience to wait for an update I just deleted all the channels and re-added the ones I use manually, with correct names of course.
Everything is working fine now, all that's left to do for me now is add all the channel icons ;).
Thanks again!

SquonkSC

Portal Member
July 24, 2006
How to setup?

Hi Folks,

Maybe it's me, but I can't find any information on how to setup PiipTV?

I've downloaded the plugin and installed it. I own a N95 8GB with videocenter, and I have MP 1 RC2 with latest svn.

I have two hauppauge pvr 150 analog cards.

Can anyone point me to a installation manual or explain shortly how to set it up?

Many thnx,

SquonkSC

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi

I have E90, but I cannot find videocenter on the phone. Also not available from phone downloads apps. Anyone knows where on internet I can find it?

manniainen

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    SquonkSC, Check this out!

Main web site:
    Freeware PiipTv XMLTV / IPTV plugin for Mediaportal & Nokia N95

direct link to user & installalation guide, hope this helps, should not be big deal since you have MP already running :)
    http://piiptv.japo.fi/download/Mediaportal_PiipTv_plugin_for_nokia_N-series_phones.pdf

rekenaar,
    My friend is having also E90 and we found Video Center from Download! -application under "internet" -folder. You have latest firmware in you E90? and have you tried to refresh download! -application view??

jonkol

Portal Member
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    On Windows Mobile

Hi,

Just thought I should give a short status report on Windows Mobile. The only player I have got to work is Core.
    Works out of the box on Windows Mobile5, but on Windows Mobile6, I had to change Video output in Preferences/Video output.

Really good picture, and an excellent experience. Now If i just could trigger the core player from the browser, so I dont have to have a textfile with the adress of each RSTP stream, and do copy and paste when switching channels everything would be great.

In all, easily the best plugin availible to mediaportal! :D

/Jonas

SquonkSC

Portal Member
    July 24, 2006
    Hi Manniainen,

Thanks for the help. I got a long way but got stuck.

Timeshift url works, VLC output works, RTSP localIP works, but now the problem starts.

RTSP ExternalIP returns "unable to open 'http://85.xxx.xx.xx:xxxx/ptv_discoverynl.sdp'

I have opened both default ports for both tcp and udp. Also changed the port numbers with no succes.

I have pc firewall off and also turned router firewall off. again no luck.

Start web UI from server config initially gives me a website with the channels, but refresh gives me blank page.

With use for xml after local ip, I do get live tv on my N95 8gb through my own wlan, but I'm not sure if then I connect internally instead of internet.

Unfortunatly 3g is not available in my neighbourhood, so I can't check that.

any idea what I'm doing wrong?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE:

Next strange thing is that the channel names in piiptv plugin are all wrong and in random order? :)
    Some have the name of a program or tvserie, instead of the channel name??
    In MP all the channels are correct, and in the right order. And mappings are ok also.

Is there a way to change the names and order? I tried the piiptv.xml in the plugins folder, but the changes I make there are not in the plugin. Very strange.

Sorry for being such a pain in the ***.
    But I promise when it's sorted out I will contribute by writing a more understandable manual for newbees to piiptv, like myself.

Greetz and thanks,

SquonkSC

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom