PiipTV: LiveTV & remote PVR for Nokia Video Center (1 Viewer)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    rekenaar,
    My friend is having also E90 and we found Video Center from Download! -application under "internet" -folder. You have latest firmware in you E90? and have you tried to refresh download! -application view??

Firmware updated only a few weeks ago. Video Centre not listed in any of the download folders. I am thinking that maybe it is a country thing. Not available as a jar or sis download somewhere? Maybe someone can get the install file from phone for me?

manniainen

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    SquonkSC,

"Timeshift url works, VLC output works, RTSP localIP works, but now the problem starts."

Yes this sounds like now thew problem is in your network setup, as you suspect firewall is good starting point. Are you familiar terms like NAT or port forwarding? If firewall is not issue now, problem might be that you are using NAT in your ADSL box (or what ever internet connection you are having)?? so thing would be disable NAT & DHCP, then you can get public IP directly to your PC.

Or other possible solution would be port forwarding Port forwarding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia So you need to configure in your ADSL that ports 8554 & 5050 are forwarded to your private network side IP like 192.168.1.x (what ever is IP in your piipTV server PC) to port 8554 & 5050.

"With use for xml after local ip, I do get live tv on my N95 8gb through my own wlan, but I'm not sure if then I connect internally instead of internet."

Yes if you select that option, piipTV will work only in you homenetwork area, this also tells that piipTV & mediaportal itself are working correctly, but as i told problem is in you internet connection setup.

"Next strange thing is that the channel names in piiptv plugin are all wrong and in random order? :)
    Some have the name of a program or tvserie, instead of the channel name??
    In MP all the channels are correct, and in the right order. And mappings are ok also. Is there a way to change the names and order?"

Are you using analog setup or digital? if you are using analog, then problem might be this? check solution that cuberob has figured out...

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...kia-video-center-38598/index7.html#post308147

Are you getting EPG data from XMLTV or from DVB-T/C EPG? This "Some have the name of a program or tvserie, instead of the channel name" sound extremely strange, if those tips that i have give does not help, go to piipTV advanced settings and selected "ful logging" reproduce bug and send tv.log to me email, address told in piiptv.japo.fi or post logs here.

"But I promise when it's sorted out I will contribute by writing a more understandable manual for newbees to piiptv, like myself."

All help is welcome to help other users :) but these internet connection related configuration issues are bit painful since there is lot of all kind of internet connection setups available in different coutries :)

manniainen

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    rekenaar,

I found out this, what happens if you go there and select eg. Finland / teliasonera (91) / english -> internet folder -> download video center? send this sis to phone, are you able to download video center to your phone using this trick?

D!Emu

Or maybe you can find some help here?
    Nokia Download Store

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Damn - I can only hit the THANKS! button once.
    Following your advice I was able to download Video_Center_europe_SIS.dd to my PC. Transferred to phone and then managed to download and install by activating the Video_Center_europe_SIS.dd file.

Now I can try the rest of this wonderfull work.

I am up and running over my WLAN to E90.

Great.
    Thanks.

SquonkSC

Portal Member
    July 24, 2006
    Hi manniainen, thanx again for your reply,

Router setup is ok. I do use portforwarding for the ports 8554 & 5050 to my MP machine on ip 192.168.1.17 which is fixed IP.
    Also I had 2 websites running on my windows2003 server here working perfectly. And I have a dozen apps working with portforwarding without any problem.
    I'm a system admin and firewalls, nat and router setups are no secret to me. That's why I can't figure out this problem.
    It should work the way I've set it up.

Like I said for the sake of being sure, I disabled both my pc and router firewall, but that didn't help.

But I will keep on experimenting until I figure it out.

For the other problem (the mixed up channels) they are analog yes, I will read the link you gave me.

Thanx,,

SquonkSC

ghehe yeah I figured, analog TV support is indeed a bit (or very..) tricky.
    But all in all I finally got it to work! Since I don't have the patience to wait for an update I just deleted all the channels and re-added the ones I use manually, with correct names of course.
    Everything is working fine now, all that's left to do for me now is add all the channel icons ;).
    Thanks again!

Hi Cuberob,

You wrote that you deleted the channels and re-added them.

Where did you delete them? In the database fields you spoke of? , or in server-config?

The channels I use are setup by hand, I never use scanning because it never gets the channelnames right. Some channels get name of current program.

That's why I do it always by hand. But still in piiptv I see all the wrong names.
    It must get the wrong names from tvguide.xml somehow.

I don't use epg. Instead I use a vbs script from a guy who gets the xml from tvgids.nl.

This script just downloads the finished xml's, thus saving time, cpu power and foremost tvgids.nl isn't flooded by xml requests.
    Getting the guide for 34 channels for next two days takes about 1 second. :)

So please elaborate on how you fixed the channel problem in piiptv.

Thanx my fellow dutchman, and thanx to Manniainen for refering me to you.

SquonkSC

manniainen

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    SquonkSC,

"You wrote that you deleted the channels and re-added them. Where did you delete them?"

I understood that channels are deleted from TV-server.

"I don't use epg. Instead I use a vbs script from a guy who gets the xml from tvgids.nl.
    This script just downloads the finished xml's, thus saving time, cpu power and foremost tvgids.nl isn't flooded by xml requests."

Can you try to use XMLTV, just to see if that helps to this mixing tv-programs names & tv-channel names. Then we can narrow down to problem. If this works, then there is something problem in your vbs. Since i have never heard that someone had this kind of problem. And also i have never heard that someone is using this kind of vbs script to get EPG :) I'am just using XMLTV and sometimes MP build in EPG grabber from DVB-C signal.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Can this plugin serve/stream other clips on my HTPC to my Nokia? For example, home videos.

manniainen

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    Currently all clips under your recording folder are taken to video feeds (download / streaming feed), so try to copy your home movies under that folder and try after that :)

SquonkSC

Portal Member
    July 24, 2006
    Hi Manniainen,

I removed the beginning of this post, because after deleting and manually putting back the channels, piipTV now gives right channels.
    So that problem is solved.

Remaines the problem with not being able to stream to ext. IP.

I have some new info regarding this, which only confuses me more. :)

On my n95 8GB I now do get the right epg info in the videocenter. It updated the info when I connected.
    Through the phones webbrowser I can even start a recording???? and that worked!
    And this is through 3g network, 5 km from my house.

If there was a problem with my router's forwarding, how can I reach the service and start a recording???

Or to change the question around : If I can obviously connect to MP through phonebrowser, and see updated epg data in Videocenter, and start a recording, what is stopping livestreams from playing?

RTSP ExternalIP still returns "unable to open 'http://85.xxx.xx.xx:xxxx/ptv_discoverynl.sdp', and videocenter starts realplayer and after 1 minute gives server time out.

Couldn't this be a vlc problem with external ip of some sort?

I thank you Manniainen for thinking with me, I really appreciate the kind and patient help one gets here on these forums.

As you might have noticed, I'm not one to give up lightly, :))).

Greetz,

SquonkSC

manniainen

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    SquonkSC,

Good to hear that this channel issue is now sorted out.

What this external IP tells to me is that 5050 (web server) port is forwarded correctly and it seems to work correctly!! But is 8554 (default streaming) port forwarded also correctly? TCP and UDP should be open in firewall? Probably yes, since you are network admin :)

But then we have to start to look to logs, go to piipTV advanced settings UI and activate full logging, and to to stream and then send tv.log to me and i will check that what is wrong or if you can find there some error etc??

Also issue might be your 3G operator streaming access point, since in Finland if i try to use operators "internet" AP that does not allow me to stream at all, I need to use "pro internet" access point. I don't know what operator you are using and how they have setup streaming AP, but this might be one possible issue.

Do you have any other WLAN accesspoint where you could try?

Does streaming work in your phone if you go with phone browser to "http://yle.mobi" -> "mobiili areena" -> "a-plus" -> and then select some link eg "tv1 keskiviikko..."??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom