Play during fastforward (1 Viewer)

Linton9

Portal Member
January 29, 2012
Home Country
Hi,

It would be great to have a keyboard shortcut to resume playback at normal speed after Fast-Forwarding or rewinding.

:D

mpsam

Portal Pro
June 16, 2009
@ Owlroost (I suspect you would know the answer or the person who does)

Is it possible to increase the speed of playback to reduce the watch time, as is possible in WMP and VLC. This would be useful for information based shows such as the Twit podcasts where listening at a higher speed does really detract from the content. Also useful for News Magazine and Talk Shows as well.

A search of the forum showed a similar request even though for a slightly different reason.
"https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/increase-playback-speed-to-say-1-3.98556/"

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In theory it's possible, but there is no user interface support for it in MP - so it would only happen if someone is interested in modifying the software.....

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.) I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down...
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who...
    Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Resume playback from DE
    Ok, thanks for the User Management tip - I now get what I would expect. Now all I have to do is to figure out how to make Auto Login do what it says on the tin. The only way to make it work is to manually log in each time. Any hints as to what I'm missing with the login system?
    Ok, thanks for the User Management tip - I now get what I would expect. Now all I have to do is to figure out how to make Auto...
    So "Resume playback from" only works when MediaPortal 2 has NOT been turned off, meaning if I shut MediaPortal 2 down, restart it...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom