play recording - only sound - no video displayed (1 Viewer)

kkozma

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Dayton, OH
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have the same problem on MP 1.1.3. It seems to be a crapshoot. Sometimes it happens other times it doesn't. For example two weeks ago I recorded and watched The Big Bang Theory without issue. Last week it wouldnt play anything but audio. The file plays fine in MPC-HC.

Last time I had something like this happen it was something with mediainfo.dll. I keep forgetting to experiment with that. I'll try it next time it happens and see what's up.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ok, I saw jameson_uk's post first now: - so I attach properly made logs this time.
    both logs contain the same actions, but different attempt.
    ok I have not had time to look in depth but to rule out a couple of things,

Code:
    2011-03-01 23:27:52.229862 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: TSReaderPlayer:play D:\TV\Mamma Mø og Kråka - NRK3 - 2011-02-25.ts
    Could you make copies of this and the associated xml file and call them something with non-unicode characters in (both the same name eg. test.ts and test.xml). Then go into TV server config and the recordings tab and import this into the database. Does playback work then?

Code:
    2011-03-01 23:27:57.837926 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: TsReaderPlayer: GetAudioDualMonoMode mode=0 succeeded
    Can you try turning off the enable audio dual mono option in MP config for TV under Audio Settings

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    HI.
    Thanks for the suggestions;
    I copied the ts and .xml files, and then removed any remains of Norwegian letters from filenames and also inside the XML.
    -it did not help
    Then disabled dual mono audio, - unfortunately it did not help.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Anyone uploaded a sample of a file somewhere which has this problem?

Regards
    Roy

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The smallest I have, is ~650MB - I may upload it till tomorrow - unless somebody is lucky enough to have a smaller one..

mrspock

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2008
    Madrid
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    The smallest I have, is ~650MB - I may upload it till tomorrow - unless somebody is lucky enough to have a smaller one..

My files are bigger than that (around double size and more). Hope anybody could find something examining those files. Anyway, if any developer wants one of my files, just ask for them and we will see how I can send them.

solas989

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have the same issue. If there is ANYTHING i can do please let me know.

I did not have this issue with 1.1.0. It started with 1.1.3.

Edit
    Could this be a Windows 7 SP1 issue? I upgraded to SP1 as well as 1.1.3 on the same weekend.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom