play recording - only sound - no video displayed (1 Viewer)

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Could this be a Windows 7 SP1 issue? I upgraded to SP1 as well as 1.1.3 on the same weekend.

Nope, I use XP - in fact, I tried win7 - but it was too sluggish and bloated even after disabling some of the indexing & snooping "features".
    The XP is a clean installed XP3 - also, a fresh install XP3+MP1.1.3 (upgraded motherboard recently) did not help.

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Anyone besides me getting a little irritated that no one seems to even give a rats ass about this? I'm about to give up on MediaPortal all together if this doesn't get resolved soon.

I record the price is right every day. Same channel, same time, same everything. One day it records and I can watch it, the next sound only.

Surely there has to be something we can do here... Perhaps a special filename extension for recorded TV and a method to force MediaPortal to play it as video instead of relying on "examining" the file to find out what kind of media it is...

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    yep.I am annoyed too.. I don't know when this bug were introduced, my wife don't like to have to use VLC to recordings that are "bad".
    is there a priority list for bugs ?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I appreciate this is a pain but there is nothing the team can do unless we can replicate the problem. So far non one has been able to so without knowing what might be broken it is impossible to fix.

This could be down to other software installed, codec choice, hardware, driver version.... so this may not even been down to MP.

We are trying to figure this out but so far a small number of users are seeing this and there is no obvious pattern.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Also on March 10th we asked someone to upload a sample but so far no one has

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I get as far as to step 4, I see the timeshift files, but there is no d "rawpaketdump.ts" , and yes, I did create a "c:\dumprawts.txt"

(I assume you are asking for a upload of the "rawpacketdump.ts")

BTW: I am not sure how a 1-minute sample can help you, and this problem is not 100% reproducible.
    may I suggest you check out why the .ts recording I uploaded does not play in MP - while playing in other players ? - the problem is reproducible with that file, and while a 1-minute ts dump may not provide the answer, the recorded file sure does.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Sorry I meant just upload 20mb of your existing file that is broken to our ftp server using the logon details from that page.

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I see, isn't it just as fast for you to download 20MB of the file I uploaded to an hosted server ?
    (my uplink is pretty slow)
    uploading now.. the filename is the same as earlier, I hope the partial file is not deleted when I cancel the transfer..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom