play recording - only sound - no video displayed (1 Viewer)

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same here. Only for recorded TV. DVB-T, SD, not scrambled.

VdR

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ok working assumption at the minute is that the data at the start of the file is being corrupted when it is written. TS Reader then struggles with this data and is unable to identify the video stream. This appears to be down to the decoding of encrypted channels and often the CAM creating this bad data.
    VLC and others appear to be more forgiving of these errors but if this indeed the case it is a far from simple fix and could have wide ranging impacts on others.

Do you ever get issues when watching live TV? (particularly when you first turn on machine or resume from standby ?)

I am not sure whether the changes in 1.2 are going to help but they might.

Nothing while watching live tv here either, although on rare occasion I set a tv show to record while we were out. When we got home I started mp and the chanel I was recording was on. I decided to watch the recording from the beginning while it was still in progress. Audio only.

Again, my recordings are all atsc non scrambled broadcasts.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Right ok, I need more samples.
    The sample uploaded by kkozma (price is right) plays fine on my machine here but the
    Mamma - NRK3 - 2011-02-25.ts sample uploaded by Al_Capone does not

I would like a 20-50 MB sample of some files that do not work uploaded to the a folder I have created within our ftp folder (called audio only)

Connection details are on TS Dumps - MediaPortal Wiki (ignore the instructions) just start upload and kill it somewhere between 20MB and 50MB.

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    Right ok, I need more samples.
    The sample uploaded by kkozma (price is right) plays fine on my machine here but the
    Mamma - NRK3 - 2011-02-25.ts sample uploaded by Al_Capone does not

I would like a 20-50 MB sample of some files that do not work uploaded to the a folder I have created within our ftp folder (called audio only)

Connection details are on TS Dumps - MediaPortal Wiki (ignore the instructions) just start upload and kill it somewhere between 20MB and 50MB.

Seriously? It plays? Ugh. Wtf!

Talk about frustrating.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Seriously? It plays? Ugh. Wtf!

Talk about frustrating.

Just to be clear, you're now running 1.2.0x right?

Good question, his system specs say 1.1 RC4, there are no logs from that user in this thread at all but we do have
    ^^^ Wasted breath. It's extremely obvious due to the lack of any kind of response what so ever from the developers that they just don't give a rats ass about it.

:rolleyes:

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    Just to be clear, you're now running 1.2.0x right?

No. I'm running 1.1.3 on my main machine. I won't run a beta version of MP on my main machine due to WAF. I have a test machine that would not play the file either. When I upgraded it to 1.2 to test it plays it.

Good question, his system specs say 1.1 RC4, there are no logs from that user in this thread at all but we do have

There were two threads originally on this subject. I posted logs in the old one. Here's the original thread and a Direct Link to my logs. It's been so long, but those might have been before I installed the 1.3 patch for Win7 SP1.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ah, now we're talking!

2011-03-09 18:30:05.563447 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: MediaInfoWrapper.MediaInfoWrapper: unable to call external DLL - mediainfo (make sure 'MediaInfo.dll' is located in MP root dir.) Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    2011-03-09 18:30:05.568447 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: g_Player.Play - TS file detected as radio...

There is the problem. Without proper detection of type (supplied by MediaInfo) we have problems.

Error log says:

2011-03-09 18:30:05.565447 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: MediaInfoWrapper.MediaInfoWrapper: unable to call external DLL - mediainfo (make sure 'MediaInfo.dll' is located in MP root dir.) Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    That doesn't sound right... I had always suspected mediainfo, so I tried disabling it once (with no effect) and it's possible that part of the log was still included. Unless of course debug mode deletes the logs before it starts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom