Playback random stops (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you use away mode?
    Yes away mode is enabled and works fine if a recording is underway when the HTPC is put to sleep. With a video playing (I didn't try TV) and a recording is in progress, with the setting disabled, the HTPC still went into away mode and it looks like the video continues to play and is still playing and is displayed on resume from sleep. With the setting enabled the HTPC initially goes into away mode but comes out of it and video returns a few seconds later with the video stopped (possible when it did stop) also on restarting the video following that, 3 out of 5 times it had lost its place and could only be restarted at the beginning and on 1 out of the remaining 2 times it offered to begin at the last played point but restarted at the beginning anyway.
    So as you speculated the setting does give a different behaviour when the HTPC goes into away mode, albeit a not particularly desirable one (i.e. it inhibits away mode). It strongly looks to me like the setting is a leftover fix for something that is no longer a problem and I suspect it could be entirely removed but at least the default setting should be "disabled".

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Sorry got the wrong person, I guess @doskabouter or @ajs would be a better choice?
    Hello,
    I don't know why I would be the wrong person but, since I agreed with your last post, for me, this setting should not be removed because of maybe, some particular use wich could make this setting useful.
    Keep it as enabled is more a "workaround" for me than a "standard" use.

That why, you have exec and modified code source for put it as disabled by default.

PS : Exec also contains this fix.

Attachments

• stopaudio_exec.rar
      2.2 MB
    • stopaudio_sourcecode.rar
      44.2 KB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't know why I would be the wrong person
    You are not of course, but I had originally incorrectly pinged ge23901 who I was referring to as the wrong person, sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Many thanks for the fix to disable the "Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer" setting, will this be included in the next MP1 release?
    It needs to be, there is a long history of various oddball and often intermittent problems with playback stopping that are fixed by disabling the setting.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    sorry for the misunderstanding.
    No problem. ;)
    Many thanks for the fix to disable the "Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer" setting
    You're welcome. :)
    will this be included in the next MP1 release?
    It needs to be, there is a long history of various oddball and often intermittent problems with playback stopping that are fixed by disabling the setting.
    I'm not the one who decide that. :D

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Knowing you're not going to like it, but can you create a jira ticket and branch for this?
    To understand a bit more my react, OFC, no negative against you but, I will not spend time with Jira, branch, etc.... only for 2 lines code change in 2 classes. :)
    For me, MP (and some guys who know what they make) is mature enough for direct put the code on SF, in the trunk. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom