Playing all videos for a entire directory (1 Viewer)

ShIvADeSt

Portal Pro
May 30, 2009
Please make an option to play all movies inside folder until "stop" button pressed. Its very boring to create playlist to play all files, i dont think that make this option too hard. Or maybe someone will make plugin for it.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Maybe this feature will have a future because somehow I'm missing that :). Will see what can be done without doing to much mess in code. Can't promise anything but just let you know that this topic is not overlooked.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    This is a very good idea - to show the video clips like photos slide show, with random and infinite loop options.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It appears the feature is in mantis now: http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=3174

I was going to ask: the play list will include all files in the folder and the tree of child subfolders, right? I have a folder called "home videos" and a set of subfolders for each year: 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and so on. I want a random play, but I don't want to move all the files into one parent folder.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    It appears the feature is in mantis now: 0003174: New feature-Play all videos inside folder without need to create playlist - MediaPortal Bugtracker

I was going to ask: the play list will include all files in the folder and the tree of child subfolders, right? I have a folder called "home videos" and a set of subfolders for each year: 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and so on. I want a random play, but I don't want to move all the files into one parent folder.

Yes, exactly like that, folder and all it's child sub-folders with option to play all videos sorted by name, date or random.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
    After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
    Replies
    Views
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
    Replies
    Views
    I don't organise my media in the way that you do, so I don't know whether MediaPortal provides the capability that you want. All that I can suggest is that you read this page in the MP Wiki and experiment to see if it will merge the separate folders to give you a unified view of the media. -- from CyberSimian in the UK
    I don't organise my media in the way that you do, so I don't know whether MediaPortal provides the capability that you want. All...
    Hi i have a collection of 9208(Still growing on a daily basis)) music videos(ripped in m2ts format from blu-rays) which are stored...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom