Playing protected (drm) movie files? (1 Viewer)

FunkyBoi

Portal Member
June 16, 2007
does anyone know if it is possible to play protected (drm) movie files throughl Mediaportal?

FunkyBoi

Portal Member
June 16, 2007
neither - its on demand content available free of charge from www.channel4.com/4od and www.skyanytime.com - i have config'd media portal setup in my videos to see the directory in which the files are downloaded to - however when i view the directory in mediaportal and try to open a file it just plays a black screen - someone told me it was because the files are drm protected. Any ideas?

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
There is software that will transcode the file and remove the DRM in the process. Tunebite is one that I know of but I am sure there are more. That should allow you to play the files in MediaPortal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Oh, thank you I will read it immediately
Oh, thank you I will read it immediately
How can you play copy-protected Blu-rays with MP after AnyDVD has stopped working? And I don't mean converting the movies...
Replies
Views
My problem is that I would like to switch from Kodi to Mediaportal. In Kodi, putting an Extras folder in the same folder as the movie automatically manages all the extras on the Bluray, so my library is organized in this way. Moving everything would be a very long job (I have more than 2800 movies), plus I would lose the Extras...
My problem is that I would like to switch from Kodi to Mediaportal. In Kodi, putting an Extras folder in the same folder as the...
Hello, is it possible to exclude some folders from the Moving Pictures scan? My movies are organized in separate folders...
Replies
Views
I've updated dlls in first post. Fixes: Summary / Overview was always empty Collections were not filtered to official ones Studios were not populated Fallback to english tagline didn't work Score / Popularity now empty instead of dummy rating and unknown popularity numbers Also I've tried to compile plugin against MP 1.34 x64 and...
I've updated dlls in first post. Fixes: Summary / Overview was always empty Collections were not filtered to official ones Studios...
Hi! TheTVDB.com has movies in their API now. API itself looks ok now so I decided to add TVDB to Moving Pictures. Check it if you...
Replies
Views
Right, this solved this issue. I added my comment to this thread. Thank you very much!
Right, this solved this issue. I added my comment to this thread. Thank you very much!
Until MP 1.31 I was able to change the Videos home screen button to Moving Pictures: MediaPortal Configuration -> GUI -> Skin ->...
Replies
Views
I am still unable to get the 3D playback of inserted disks but otherwise eveything seems to be working well using a paid version of MakMKV on my HTPC. However I tried doing the same with the latest beta evaluation version of MakMKV on my Desktop PC, also MP 1.34 x64, but have not been able to get it working, "Unable to play copy...
I am still unable to get the 3D playback of inserted disks but otherwise eveything seems to be working well using a paid version of...
I don't know how many of you are aware of this, however, it may be that AnyDVD HD has finally come to an end. Their web site can no...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom