Please help me with IRSS Learning/Blasting problems. (2 Viewers)

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK,

That debug client response is not good either. In mine, it shows both a receiver and a blaster... yours shows just a receiver.

irss-debug-client.png

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So what do u suggest I do then? Maybe uninstall then reinstall irss, what is the latest version of irss. How do I find out which version I have? Does it matter?

Thanks for helping

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I would be unplugging and uninstalling the MCE device and reinstalling it until IRSS debug client properly detects a receiver and blaster.

Clearly, at some point, windoze and IRSS properly detected the device so you were able to learn codes for your STB. Something has changed... so keep working at it. Windoze drivers are painful sometimes... reboots sometimes clear things up... painfully slow, I know, but it may help.

As for version, I got mine from here: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/tools/ir-server-suite-irss .

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    i plugged it into a different usb port, this time i got the popup in the system tray that it was found and installed correctly, status in debug now reads just as your screenshot, im gonna try and relearn my remote codes in translator and see what happens, so if i learn them again save everything, have irss open and connected, it should all work from everything i gathered, as long as my argument and executable are correct, thanx and wish me luch[DOUBLEPOST=1368242058][/DOUBLEPOST]in translator under the ir commands tab i still get an immediate fail when i click learn, ill repost my logs

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    ok, i uninstalled irss and reinstalled it, i had 1.5.0.62 installed, i reinstalled it, used the same guide to learn buttons 0-9 using my stb remote, that went fine, went back to npvr tried blast.exe and noblast.exe as my executable when i do this the argument for both is {channel}, translator is open and running, irss is open and connected, and when i got to debug and hit connect it reads exactly as the screenshot above, in status when i hit connect, so what do i have to do now, what did i possibly miss

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    ok,

So let's make sure the IR codes are named properly. Look in that directory: C:\ProgramData\IR Server Suite\IR Commands (remember, it's hidden so just copy/paste this into the explorer)

the ir codes 0.IR, 1.IR, etc. should be dated yesterday as you just learned them. If not, then we have a problem.

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    I just relearned so they should be dated yesterday. I'll check and post my findings. Thank u again

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    they are dated yesterday, and they are 0.ir, 1.ir and so on, so what could the issue be from everything i listed in post #35 did i miss anything?[DOUBLEPOST=1368300209][/DOUBLEPOST]Also in another tutorial I found it says I should install ir file tool as well and use that to learn the codes and I have to edit the registry. Y r these guides different. Then I heard editing the registry is no longer necessary. Y is this process so annoying?

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Still haven't got the channel to change. I'm sure ill b able to get a response now that the weekend is over. Or I hope so. I have a FireWire cable that will b delivered one day this week so if I haven't figured this out by time it arrives in gonna try the Tim Moore stb FireWire method instead.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK,

I don't know whether IRBlast needs translator or not... I assume not.

Let's get some logs.

Open a command window so you can call IRBlast directly and capture the logs.

Start->(Text box that says Search programs and files) cmd.exe

Code:
    cd "c:\Program Files (x86)\IR Server Suite"
    IRBlast.exe 0.IR

Post the logs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom