Please help me with IRSS Learning/Blasting problems. (1 Viewer)

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
October 5, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thank for asking. Nope. I've given up until I do a clean install of windows 7

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
October 5, 2012
Home Country
I have reinstalled windows xp on my system, home edition 32bit, and am going to try the setup again according to the tutorial in post number 3. Ill b back to post my results. Thank you all who have attempted to help me with this issue[DOUBLEPOST=1375115743][/DOUBLEPOST]i got to the part where i was to use translator to find the codes for 0-9, as soon as i hit leard it says failed, why is this?

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
October 5, 2012
Home Country
it seems as if my receiver isnt installed correctly, in device manager there is the yellow exclamation point and it says bb+dongle, i am trying to find xp drivers but not having much luck, i hope i dont have to swith back to windows 7 just to get this to work

mantec

Portal Member
January 25, 2008
Home Country
it seems as if my receiver isnt installed correctly, in device manager there is the yellow exclamation point and it says bb+dongle, i am trying to find xp drivers but not having much luck, i hope i dont have to swith back to windows 7 just to get this to work

Do you have ehome installed for XP. Don't know if its installed with XP or you may have to download from Microsoft.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i see the green light, i do see it when i change channels using the stb remote but not when trying to use my wmc remote, and it has a blaster, there are to blaster ports on the back of the receiver, im using port 1, here is the hp wmc remote and ir receiver, but like i said now when i hit new under the ir commands tab, and try to learn codes, when i hit learn it automatically goes to failed, but when im it the programs tab i can hit new and learn codes,, what is going on

51vDnvOgm7L._SY300_.jpg

i have same ir blaster. i found it really unreliable and intermittent with irss, it was very frustrating. then i switched to lmremote for controlling the blaster and it has been rock solid. LM remote also has command line blaster interface so maybe you can use that with a tvserver plugin. also with win7 and lmremote no drivers are needed.

Last edited:

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    i dont think that i have ehome installed, where can i download that at, kiwijunglist i tried to use lm remote before but didnt have much success, could u possibly show me a guide or the guide that you used, or give me some solid instructions, and r u using windows xp or something else, thanx for the help guys, i really really appreciate it.[DOUBLEPOST=1375130387][/DOUBLEPOST]i see that some people used the rollup 2 update to fix this issue so they said, i download it and ran it and windows said i have the latest update, i am on service pack 3 and have all possible updated installed, im running windows xp home which i believe is only in 32 bit[DOUBLEPOST=1375131694][/DOUBLEPOST]i used these instructions here,
    • In Device Settings update drivers on the SF+ Dongle.
    • Install from specific location --> Don't Search I will choose --> Human Interface Devices --> Microsoft --> Microsoft eHome Infrared Tranceiver (for me ('nosignal') it was actually listed as "Microsoft eHome Remote Consumer Controls", but it had an Error: "Driver File Missing a necessary Entry." and failed)
    • Ignore the warning, then reboot.
    The other procedure is to manually browse to irbus.inf (in c:windowsinf folder).
    There is a chance these methods will not work, and with the SRM5100, even if they work, it does not work in HID mode properly (though HID Mode can be disabled).
    i now see in device manager usb human interface device twice, hid compliant device, and hid non user input data filter kb 911895 twice but i still have the bb+dongle with the yellow exclamation point, what do i do now, ITS ALWAYS SOMETHING!!!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ug xp. With win7 was plug in play. Can't help you further. Getting a USB uirt might be easier. They seem fairly solid.

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    i was thinking that getting a usbirt would b easier to setup as well from what i have read, i just didnt want to spend any extra money when i already had the hp one, ill still b able to use the hp windows media center remote though right? ill purchase the usbirt next week, in the mean time could u direct me to a easy to understand guide to set things up, thanx for the help so far.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have no personal experience with USBIRT.

With regards to HP MCE clone IR Blaster setup guide:
    A setup guide would tell you to.
    1. Install Win7
    2. Plug receiver into usb port
    3. Wait for auto install drivers
    4. Reboot
    5. Install LM remote
    6. Reboot
    7. Choose blaster type in lm remote (Can't remember the choice, but I think you choose MCE or HP, there are <5 choices)
    9. +/- Reboot
    10. Finito

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom