Please help me with IRSS Learning/Blasting problems. (3 Viewers)

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
October 5, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
According to the guide it says translator always needs to b open. Nonetheless i will try this when I get home later this evening and post my logs. Thank u for the continued support

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I've tested running the IRBlast and it does not need translator, FYI. The translator is for turning input events (such as keyboard or IR input) and "translating" it into actions (IR blasts, open applications, send keystrokes). IRBlast reads the IR Commands directory directly without using the translator.

Cheers.

g

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    So it sounds like I shouldn't have used translator to learn the codes for my stb remote. But everyone who responded in this thread said the guide I used was all good. So what program should I use to learn the codes for my stb remote, it file tool?

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Translator is fine to learn the codes. Ultimately, that exercise creates the 0.IR, 1.IR... 9.IR files, right? All I was saying is that when you are "blasting" with IRBlast, you don't need Translator running since IRBlast just reads the files directly.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Personally for server-side, I use USB-UIRT, and MCE remote for my clients. USB-UIRT is a no brainer !

Last edited:

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I use USB-UIRT for server-side... and a second USB-UIRT on my client to control my front end... in addition, I use the client to blast to my STB for watching regular TV (outside of MP) since the IR codes for my box are so weak, I map them to totally different codes that are stronger for some reason. Love the device... works perfectly, no doubt.

Having said that, we *should* be able to make this MCE device work without costing cadams8221218 another 50 bucks (cost of USB-UIRT).

g

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Well, according to the guide I used translator always needs to b open. Could that b the issue? And yes translator creates 0.ir-9.ir and saves them in c programdata irss ir commands.

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    when i typed in cd "c:\Program Files (x86)\IR Server Suite"
    IRBlast.exe 0.IR, it says cannot find the path specified, my ir commands folder is in c:\programdata\irss\ircommands, not c:\program files, also i dont think i need the " marks, or do i, i typed them in, starting to think ill never get this setup working, smh

cadams8221218

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    do i put any spaces in there, so in the command prompt i should type in cd C:\programdata\irserversuite\irblast.exe 0.ir, i also typed it in exactly as you posted and it cant find the specified file, could someone post it all on the same line exactly how i should type it in, is there a space between suite and irblast.exe, and is there a space between exe and 0.ir?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom