Please help! (1 Viewer)

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I re installed Windows 8 last night then re installed a backup of MP via the backup plugin now when I try to play any sort of video MP just locks up and doesn't nothing. This doesn't happen when running in debug mode though. Here are my logs.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Disable I.F.C.
    Make sure to get both plugins - process and window.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    Thanks man but that didn't work. I deleted both plugins but still MP locks up when trying to play a video. Even deleted all the non compatible plugins. Any other ideas?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There was an error from the HTPCInfo plugin in the previous logs. Please try also disabling that.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    Tried that and still no luck. I'm not sure what's going. Was hoping to use MP to watch a few things before bed :(

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    Seems it was my moving pictures data base. I guess it got corrupted some how. Which really sucks as I had a lot of custom categories. Any way I can repair that?

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    Ok I guess I spoke too soon. The issue started backup. I had to install XBMC just to watch a few things last night because I got so frustrated with this. Here are my logs....

gijoe73

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well I had similar issues after upgrading to win 8. The Mini-EPG and TV-Guide doesn't open and MP freezes. Complete uninstall, clean up and new install doesn't help.

In the end I've formatted the whole system and set up Win8 from scratch. The only thing what I've restored from a Backup was the Tv-Server settings.

It was a lot of work but now I've a perfect running System.

BTW. Did you checked that all Drivers are uptodate? On my System Win8 replaced the Ati Catalyst driver with his own Driver.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    I've been using Windows 8 since the RTM was release I think in last August? and this is the first time I've had this problem with Mediaportal. I recently just re installed it a few days ago and this started happening :(

I've looked through the logs myself and saw some errors but I have no idea what they mean.

Any other ideas on what it could be?

Users who are viewing this thread