Please Please Please, MSN Plugin (1 Viewer)

Geon106

Portal Pro
June 23, 2006
Kent, England
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I know nobody thinks its a important plugin, but can someone please get the MSN Messenger plugin working so its properly usable. it would really put the topping on my media center and i'd be so grateful.

Geon106

Portal Pro
June 23, 2006
Kent, England
Home Country
yea a new on-screen keyboard on the search functions wouldn't go a miss :)

The plugin half works, so i don't think it would take much for it to be fully functioning.

7ore

March 27, 2006
I havn't even tried it, since it don't support more users than one.
So if there is work to be done on it, put in support for multiple users as well.

Geon106

Portal Pro
June 23, 2006
Kent, England
Home Country
I've tried it a few times but it barely works properly... plus if you have more than 1 convo theres no way to switch between them, so maybe the GUI should be updated a bit.

dubstar

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
This is a feature I would really like to be worked on.

I don't know if its possible but the addition of predictive text would be awesome so you can type faster using the remote!!

The messanger in wmce was alway a weak point, because it was so slow to type anything!!

This should be made a 'live' topic as i know if it was better more people would use it!!

What about building the plugin on the Gaim program??

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gaim/

This way it would support all messangers not just msn. Just an idea.

SteveC-MM

Portal Member
November 21, 2006
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
+1 for Windows Live Messenger Support. Even if the "plugin" was a reskinned UI that just fit into the MediaPortal UI.

Geon106

Portal Pro
June 23, 2006
Kent, England
Home Country
yea i think this would be totally awesome! i'd be happy to just use a normal keyboard for the MSN functions, that would be a fair compromise

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
Replies
Views
Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
Replies
Views
Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
Replies
Views
I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the 10Gbps card I added, so I've connected the HD Homerun directly to the 2.5G port, and its solved the problem, I can now copy large multiple files to the server and not suffer with picture issues. There is...
I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the...
My MP1 installation works perfectly, except if I transfer large files to my server. Network setup. HD Homerun Quad tuner -...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom