[Plugin] Browse The Web / Webbrowser (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: AW: [Plugin] Browse The Web / Webbrowser

I had the same problem - fix in code is imho just one line - patch attached.
    @diskeeper, can you confirm this fixes the problem for you too?
    Would be nice, if this could be included for future versions.
    Thanks,
    Guzzi

This is a workaround but core of the problem is that base.OnAction isn't called. I'm not sure why kroko decided not to call base method since I couldn't see anything wrong after adding it. If really needed, base call can be skipped for certain actions with return.
    Hi SE - thanks for comment, you're probably right - I didn't look deeper into it and will leave it to Kroko to decide how he wants to solve it. I thought it was by intension to block all actions wile browser is active ...

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Plugin] Browse The Web / Webbrowser

Ah what must i do with the patch file ? How do i start this or must i only overwrite the dll ?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: [Plugin] Browse The Web / Webbrowser

Ah what must i do with the patch file ? How do i start this or must i only overwrite the dll ?
    The patch file is only for developer or if you want to compile the plugin yourself - if you want to test, you can just overwrite the dll in plugins directory. Make a backup to be able to revert to original one.

mironto

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi all,

here is my experimental build of the Browse The Web plugin with "call with parameter". Because I'm not programmer, pleas be inguldent. I changed only parts with parameters reading and processing. All other known issues I didn't address and I won't continue to develop on plugin. It is Kroko's work ;).

If you want to test it, I recommend that you back up official build before use the experimental one.

For the inspiration I attached source modul with my changes too.

Here is an example of the using in the MovingPictures plugin GUI - IMDb movie page showing, IMDb Id (ttxxxxxx) is stored in the #MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.imdb_id variable:

<control>
    <description>Movie Info</description>
    <type>button</type>
    <id>66624</id>
    <label>IMDb Info</label>
    <hyperlink>54537689</hyperlink>
    <hyperlinkParameter>http://www.imdb.com/title/#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.imdb_id</hyperlinkParameter>
    <onup>66623</onup>
    <onright>6</onright>
    <ondown>66621</ondown>
    </control>

JiRo.

funktioniert gut, nur hast du die buttons esc und back verwechselt.
    damit ich wieder zurück zu mp komme muss ich jetzt immer die tastatur (esc) nehmen.:(

works well, only you have the buttons back esc and confused.
    so I must get back to mp I am now always take the keyboard (esc).:(
    I had the same problem - fix in code is imho just one line - patch attached.
    @diskeeper, can you confirm this fixes the problem for you too?
    Would be nice, if this could be included for future versions.
    Thanks,
    Guzzi

JiRo, could you please merge the two patches together so we can get both call with parameter and fix for backspace/esc?

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    JiRo, could you please merge the two patches together so we can get both call with parameter and fix for backspace/esc?

Hi mironto,

so, here is an experimental build with both call with parameter and fix for backspace/esc.

Experimental, that is, so do not forget to backup! ;)

JiRo

Attachments

• BrowseTheWeb.zip
      67.6 KB

chlodny

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2009
    Silesia
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi lads,

I tried to find an answer to my question but came up with nothing. What is the Browse The Web plugin based on? It's Gecko, isn't it? Would it be possible to use Firefox plugins with that then? I mean, I want to hide ads on the websites as they are a little annoying. Especially when there's a flash ad which covers the whole text. I use Browse The Web to read news so it makes the reading quite difficult sometimes...

Thanks,
    chlodny

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi lads,

I tried to find an answer to my question but came up with nothing. What is the Browse The Web plugin based on? It's Gecko, isn't it? Would it be possible to use Firefox plugins with that then? I mean, I want to hide ads on the websites as they are a little annoying. Especially when there's a flash ad which covers the whole text. I use Browse The Web to read news so it makes the reading quite difficult sometimes...

Thanks,
    chlodny

What I do is use a custom HOSTS file to block the junk.

More info and custom file here: Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

I really like this pougin, I have only one problem.. I have a iMon remote from soundgraph, and not a mce remote, so I can't set an activation togle to show bookmarks and show statusbar.. Do you have any idea How I can set my remote to activate this keys? Hope yo can help me!

Regards..

chlodny

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2009
    Silesia
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi lads,

Thanks,
    chlodny

What I do is use a custom HOSTS file to block the junk.

More info and custom file here: Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File

Hey, that was a good piece of advice! I tried that and my problem has gone. Thanks, mate! :)

chlodny

orencha

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2005
    Netanya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    I like this plugin very much. :D
    So far, this is the only plugin I found that is both stable and enables remote-control based browsing.

One missing feature I would like to see is video integration.
    While browsing, the plugin can detect embedded video content from common websites (such as youtube), and suggest watching the video in full screen. This will allow the user to pause the video, skip forward/back, change aspect ratios, and basically everything that is possible with MediaPortal videos.

This can be done by integrating with the OnlineVideos plugin. The BrowseTheWeb plugin can check if the OnlineVideos plugin is enabled, and if so - use it to display FullScreen videos from sites such as youtube.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom