[Plugin] Browse The Web / Webbrowser (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pisoj1

Portal Member
June 4, 2011
Home Country
This plugin does not work at all for me..it's just a white screen...is their something I should do to make it work?

FrankDrebin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hello. I can't get this plugin to work with Mediaportal 1.20beta. Mediaportal will crash, if I enable this plugin from the Mediaportal configuration. And I if try to change any settings of this plugin within the mediaportal configuration, the configuration plugin will also crash. I attached an error log-file with the mediaportal debug-mode, if you can find it helpful.

ELba

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2008
    BW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Plugin] Browse The Web / Webbrowser

Hi, i wanted to use the plugin with MP 1.1.3.0. I installed the pugin-version 3.0.0 and 2.7.0 via the extension-installer. At the end of the installation i get the following exeption:

''Exeption in Plugin SetupForm loading: die Datei oder assembly ''common.utils, version 1.1.7.0, culture=neutral, PublicToken=null'' oder einer Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die Datei nicht finden.''

How can I handle this problem?

thx in advance

mironto

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Here is an example of the using in the MovingPictures plugin GUI - IMDb movie page showing, IMDb Id (ttxxxxxx) is stored in the #MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.imdb_id variable:

<control>
    <description>Movie Info</description>
    <type>button</type>
    <id>66624</id>
    <label>IMDb Info</label>
    <hyperlink>54537689</hyperlink>
    <hyperlinkParameter>http://www.imdb.com/title/#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.imdb_id</hyperlinkParameter>
    <onup>66623</onup>
    <onright>6</onright>
    <ondown>66621</ondown>
    </control>

JiRo.

JiRo, thanks again for this wonderful extension, it's working like a charm.

I have one addition to your idea, instead of using #MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.imdb_id, you can use #MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.details_url, which holds the complete web address. Also, people using other scrapers can link to other site than IMDB (e.g. I use CSFD for Czech and Slovak movies so my button links me to csfd.cz for those movies).

<hyperlinkParameter>#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.details_url</hyperlinkParameter>

Also, I have added visibility condition check to see if the link is not empty (so the button is displayed only if the details_url is not empty)

<visible>!String.Equals(#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.details_url,)</visible>

Have a nice day.

rudig

Portal Member
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same here, anyone got an update on this. Seems some old dll is messing up the system but how do I trace which it is?

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Same here, anyone got an update on this. Seems some old dll is messing up the system but how do I trace which it is?

I'm using it with 1.2 beta (working fine) and I'm no expert, so I can't help much. But you can rename the downloaded .mpe1 file to .zip and open it with any zip program if you want to manually check that all the files got installed correctly. If you installed the 0.3 version, then removed it and installed the 0.27 version, maybe you have some more recent but incompatible dlls left behind that don't get overwritten when 0.27 is installed, so manually copying the files across might work. Other than that, or upgrading to 1.2, I don't know.

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello. I can't get this plugin to work with Mediaportal 1.20beta. Mediaportal will crash, if I enable this plugin from the Mediaportal configuration. And I if try to change any settings of this plugin within the mediaportal configuration, the configuration plugin will also crash. I attached an error log-file with the mediaportal debug-mode, if you can find it helpful.

Your logs says: "Could not find xulrunner under : C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xulrunner"

Is it possible that you changed the location of your personal folder?

Because: I have two systems. On one Mp runs without a problem, and on the other I get the same error as you. The only difference is, that I changed C:\Users\XXX to D:\XXX.

If it is so, I think we found a bug.

FrankDrebin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Is it possible that you changed the location of your personal folder?

Nope. Everything is at stock settings. Xulrunner folder is there, but I noticed something weird. All the folders seem to be "read only" and I can't change this, not within windows or via command prompt and attrib.exe. The command runs just fine and without errors, but nothing has happened.

So I googled "windows 7 read only problem" and came across this page, which suggests that this is a common problem with Windows. So I started doing as they suggested. First with attrib.exe, then disabled UAC (was already disabled). But then, I tried the next thing: I created a new user account and now BrowseTheWeb works! No more crashing. Weird shit, if you ask me. :)

I've been using a different web browser plugin, so I haven't thought about Browse The Web, but since you decided to reply to my problem, I thought I would give it one more shot! :D :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom