[Plugin] Browse The Web / Webbrowser (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm glad I was able to push yourself to look again and it has helped you.

But in Windows 7 all folder are "read only", but this is only for files in that folder.

Anyway, I tried, but nothing changed for me. Although when I'm another/new user, MP crashes with the same error. :confused:

manyakim

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2005
    Zeeland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've done it manually, but unfortunately this method crashes MP1.2RC during start up.

I've downloaded the 0.3.0 version from the main page ( https://mp-plugins.svn.sourceforge....lugins/BrowseTheWeb/Release/BrowseTheWeb.mpe1 ) and extracted this on my harddisk.
    in the extracted folder you'll find these files :
    {3c35cede-0ef8-455e-8ea5-f341e7d0398e}-HtmlAgilityPack.dll -> rename to HtmlAgilityPack.dll
    {a57471fc-683c-417b-8a58-b57de15ace66}-Skybound.Gecko.dll -> rename to Skybound.Gecko.dll
    Copy both renamed files to MP folder plugins\process

Secondly download the file above, pointed out by mironto (thank you for this mironto) (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...plugin-browse-web-webbrowser-browsetheweb.zip)
    Extract this also in your MP folder plugins/process.

In MP configuration is can see this as a "legimate 1.2 plugin" and can adjust the setttings, but as pointed out in the begin, it crashed MP during startup for me.
    Perhaps it will work for you.

Please let us know it this is working for you (if so, maybe i have a problem in my configuration).

qqrq

Portal Member
    October 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Yesterday i did like you wrote, and i copied browsetheweb.xml, browsethewebbook.xm to default skin folder, hover_browsetheweb.png to default skin media folder.
    I do not know where to copied xulrunner.zip so i put it do media portal main folder and i extract him. But still MP1.2 RC crashes during start up.

manyakim

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2005
    Zeeland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I did not copy the xmlfiles as i use Black Glass Nova skin and that support this plugin well.
    I hope that the author of this plugin will find the time to compile this and create a MP installer file for 1.2RC and up.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all,

Hopefully this will help for those struggling to get it working with 1.2 RC. I have just managed to get it working on a completely fresh install (Windows 7), so it should work for others too.

Unzip the contents of the attached .zip file to your desktop (or somewhere where you can later delete it). Then copy all the files (or where appropriate whole directories) to the appropriate folder (all files in the zip are referenced to C:\ to make it as easy as possible).

The file naming structure is based upon Windows 7, but should be the same for XP (except "ProgramData" is "Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\", noting that this folder is hidden in both Win7 and XP.

If you don't use the default skins, then simply use the contents of the DefaultWide folder and put it into the same location within your skin folder (it worked perfectly for StreamedMP for me).

I hope it works for you all.

Robbo100

P.S. This .zip is based upon the 1.2 beta version in post 1 of this thread (Version 0.3.0), and does not include the latest .dll from post 175 https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/752148-post175.html. I suggest you get the basic plugin working before over-writing the .dll from JiRo (which I have not tested).

Attachments

• Browse The Web.rar
      8.1 MB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom