[Plugin] Browse The Web / Webbrowser (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Re: AW: [Plugin] Browse The Web / Webbrowser

How can i start it?

depending on your settings, you will find it under the HOME menu (not basichome) or the PLUGINS menu.

orencha

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2005
    Netanya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Maybe IT IS just me but the link leads me to page 12, where none of the posts contains attachments. The post with the attatched file you were talking about is located on page 11 (found it manually).

So if anyone else is looking for it, here's the permalink that worked for me:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-web-webbrowser-89101/index11.html#post786541

(Just a thought: isn't "Permalink" supposed to be "Permanent"? So even if the forum structure changes (paging is one example), the link will always work???)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Maybe IT IS just me but the link leads me to page 12, where none of the posts contains attachments. The post with the attatched file you were talking about is located on page 11 (found it manually).

So if anyone else is looking for it, here's the permalink that worked for me:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-web-webbrowser-89101/index11.html#post786541

(Just a thought: isn't "Permalink" supposed to be "Permanent"? So even if the forum structure changes (paging is one example), the link will always work???)

Now your link takes me to the wrong place :)

You still did not answer my other question regarding your forum settings for number of posts per page.

orencha

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2005
    Netanya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    rekenaar, just saw your previous message, sorry...

My forum settings are "20 posts per page" rather than 10.
    And the direct link you sent me does lead me to the correct post.

So, seems like we found a minor bug (maybe a known one) with the forum software:
    The permalink contains the page number, which is not persistent across users settings. So if a user changes the default of 10 posts per page to something else, permalinks posted by other users may not work, and vice versa.

I know this is off-topic so please move the post to the related forum (web/forum feedback).
    Thanks goes to all of you!

BTW: I've just downloaded and installed BrowseTheWeb-V0.3.2.0.mpe1 and it seems to work fine on MP 1.2.0 :)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    So, seems like we found a minor bug (maybe a known one) with the forum software:
    The permalink contains the page number, which is not persistent across users settings. So if a user changes the default of 10 posts per page to something else, permalinks posted by other users may not work, and vice versa.

There are some other development for the forum-software in the pipeline, so lets wait for that. Thanks for confirming.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Plugin] Browse The Web / Webbrowser

It is possible that you can update the Plugin Download Section MEDIAPORTAL - Browse The Web / Webbrowser ?

Hi there,

yes I know there are other webbrowser plugins as well, but I found both of them have their advantages but I missed some features.
    Also I like to play with HTML and web content so I started to build my own webbrowser.

Download Version 0.2.7 / 26th November 2010

Download Version 0.3.0 /30th April for the 1.2 Beta
    https://mp-plugins.svn.sourceforge....lugins/BrowseTheWeb/Release/BrowseTheWeb.mpe1

Download Version 0.3.2 for 1.2.0 or 1.2.1 - thank Guzzi for updating.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-web-webbrowser-89101/index21.html#post786541

still do some work, so check frequently

Anyhow I like the design of the GeckoBrowser browsing by IDs. Also I a fan of fullscreen action. And of course we need bookmarks...
    So because of missing features I started to play arround. Very interessting is the Skybound.Gecko engine. I just add the zoom function and ScrollTo funtion to the interface and this works great.

So what is this plugin for ? Browse the web and have fun !
    some samples:

Remote:
    To navigate to a link "12" press 1-2-# on your remote
    To select a URL press "Play" and enter the URL
    ("confirm link" can be adjusted in the setup)

on the keyboard:

To navigate to a link "12" press 1-2-U on your keyboard
    To select a URL press "P" and enter the URL
    ("confirm link" can be adjusted in the setup)

Features:

Set homepage / blank screen
    Edit/Save bookmarks in the setup
    Save bookmark inside the MP
    Zoom in/out
    Move the window in all direction
    Set font / zoom size in setup
    Rename the plugin
    Alternate OSD to show selected link ID
    Optional show staus bar on bottom
    thumbs for bookmarks
    ready for info service thanks goes to SilentException
    some experimental for the remote
    support to set a proxy
    mouse support
    remote configurable

Keyboard / Remote layout:

see screenshot setup4.jpg

Thanks goes to the authors from the other plugins for many ideas. This is also using the xulrunner engine as Geckobrowser.
    The files we be installed automaticly using the installer file. I hope you like it :)

Cheers
    kroko

see also
    FirefoxIntegrator
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/webbrowser-firefoxintegrator-48903/
    Author : zunixnuz

or

GeckoBrowser
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/geckobrowser-v0-1-21-04-2010-new-70005/
    Author : edsche

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Oh sorry this was a mistake. I would not quote all this.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Is it possible to submit link+cookies as parameter?

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello, i have two quest's-

1. When i was finished with browsing the web, i click on back, than i was in the plugin menu, when i click back again that i come to home screen, he jumps to the last site i have opend. than i must click back and i was in the plugin menu than i can go with another click on back to the home screen.

2. When i was finished with browsing the web, i have a mouse arrow on the screen, and he does not go...

And a last quest, when i click in infoservice plugin on an rss feed, he do not open the browser he jumps back after an blackscreen to the infoservice plugin. Is this a infoservice problem or a browse the web ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom