[Plugin] [CLOSED] WOL-PowerManager (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

seppi2204

Portal Pro
December 8, 2010
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello.
This Version works here with 1.2 Beta. Thanks. But a small issue is left. As soon as I enter a plugin like TVSeries with "sleeping" Server I got an error message telling me the socks of my server was not found. But the server awakes from Hibernate as it should. If I enter the pluin with awake server all went normal.
If you need some logs, so tell me and I collect some...

That's a known problem, until now we don't know what fires the SocketException. It's like Windows would block all ping-querys. As it works with all mine and jojo's machines we can't easily debug.
If you like to move this Plugin forward, you could write me a PM with your IM contact(s). Then I will talk to you and we could try to solve this

Otherwise:
There's a workaround described some pages before.

Hi another thing that happens with an sleep server is that doesn't appear on the manual awake menu. So you can't start the slept machine.

Thanks for the very useful plugin.

Could you provide your config file (ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\WOLPowerManager.xml) and the log (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log\MediaPortal.log). If you used this plugin already, did this also happen with the old version?

nimrodel50

Portal Pro
February 6, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
I attached the files you asked.

I was using it before and it behave the same way.
thanks.

Attachments

• Desktop.rar
    6.6 KB

seppi2204

Portal Pro
December 8, 2010
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: [Plugin] WOL-PowerManager

I attached the files you asked.

I was using it before and it behave the same way.
thanks.

Maybe I didn't get your problem. Does a menu appear when you press the remote button? Does the menu appear without any servers in it?
Also you seem to have the same error as the other users has, SocketException.

nimrodel50

Portal Pro
February 6, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Re: AW: Re: [Plugin] WOL-PowerManager

The problem is that the menu appears with just one server on it, the other one only appears when is not sleep, it is kind of strange. the only difference between the two computers are that one is windows and the other is linux.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: [Plugin] WOL-PowerManager

...If you like to move this Plugin forward, you could write me a PM with your IM contact(s). Then I will talk to you and we could try to solve this

Otherwise:
    There's a workaround described some pages before.
    Hi.
    Thanks a lot. I have overseen the workaround. This works as expected so no need to make big changes to the plugin. I would like to help, but I don't have any IM Accounts and as I don't have a good Internet Connection (only GPRS) this would be not that easy...

darkside40

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2009
    Ruhrgebiet
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,
    i just wanted to try WOL-Powermanager but now i ran into a Problem.
    During Setup and when i try to open the Config i get a Failure: "Failed to locate assembly 'Common.Utils, Version 1.1.7.0, Culture=neutrak, Publickeytoken=null". Note that the configuration Program must be executed from/reside in the MediaPortal folder, the execution will now end."

I am not able to start the Config of this Plugin. I use the newest Plugin Version 0.2.2.1, MP 1.1.2 and WinXP SP3.

What could be the problem?

seppi2204

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2010
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am sorry Darkside, we did a mistake.
    WOL PowerManager 0.2.2.1 is only compatible with Mediaportal 1.2.0 Beta. Unfortunately we deleted the Version 1.2.0 which is compatible with 1.1.2 and 1.2.0 Alpha, but we will upload it again tomorrow. So please try to install the 0.2.2.0 Version tomorrow, this should work for you.
    :sorry:

seppi2204

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2010
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am sorry Darkside, we did a mistake.
    WOL PowerManager 1.2.1 is only compatible with Mediaportal 1.2.0 Beta. Unfortunately we deleted the Version 1.2.0 which is compatible with 1.1.2 and 1.2.0 Alpha, but we will upload it again tomorrow. So please try to install the 1.2.0 Version tomorrow, this should work for you.
    :sorry:

The Old version, which is compatible with MP 1.2.0 Alpha and all older versions, is now online again. Just have a look at the first post, and download the Wol PowerManager 0.2.2.0.
    We hope this solves your problem.

darkside40

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2009
    Ruhrgebiet
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Fiannly i managed instaling the plugin, after i have removed the 0.2.2.1 DLL manually from the Media Portal folder.
    The uninstall didn't work correctly here.

Also i ried to install the plugin via the Media Portal Extemsions installer, but when i tried to install 0.2.2.0 he tried to install me the 0.2.2.1 also after Updating the extensions list.
    So i downloaded and installed it manually.

Now i always get a Ping exception when i try to wake my Server by visiting My TV Series or Moving Pictures.

After a look into the Media Portal Log i found out that this must be the Issue also mentioned on Google Code, strange here that it also doesnt work after a reboot.

Edit:
    Okay i think i found a solution here, maybe other people could also try this.
    I manually edited the Config File for my Server (please consider making it possible to manually edit IP Adress and MAC from within WOL-Powermanager Config) and change the IP Adress from 192.168.2.106 to 192.168.2.255 (the Broadcast Adress). And now it works even after Standby. Through the Mac Adress there should also be now problem that the wrong PC wakes up.

I came to this soultion when i tried waking my server with the Tool wakeup, it simply didnt work with MAC and the IP of the Server it only worked with the Broadcast.
    But that seems to be a Windows Problem, with my Mac i can wake my server normal with IP and MAC.

Edit 2:
    My Girlfriend tried it today and didnt manage to wake the server. I will have to search for the problem when i come home tonight.
    I think i will try the workaround that was described some pages ago tonight.

Edit 3:
    With the right addition to the hosts File of Windows it seems to work reliable. I posted a feature request on Google Code, please see if it is possible to let the user edit the Server Values, maybe in an Advanced tab. Or add an checkbox that activates using the Networks Broadcast Adress instead of the normal Server IP.

seppi2204

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2010
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    First of all, i would like to thank darkside for this very detailed bugreport. :D
    Unfortunately there wasn't much spare time in the last weeks to make big changes to WolPowerManager, but I will add your suggested feature, soon.
    As many users report the same Problem with our Plugin, and all have to edit their hosts File manually. I built a testing-only version of the plugin with the only addition that the PingException throws now also the InnerException. It's not possible to debug for me your problem, because for me it worked out-of-the-box.
    If one or maybe also more of you could install this version on their HTPC and send me the log File with the Exception, I could maybe solve this bug. It's depending also on your support ;-)

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VERSION IS ONLY COMPATIBLE FOR MEDIAPORTAL 1.2.0 BETA!​

Instructions:
    • Delete the hosts.ini entry
    • Replace "%Program Files%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process\WOLPowerManager.dll" with the dll of the archive.
    • Ensure that the plugin is set up correctly
    • Start Mediaportal -> Wake up your Server -> Error?
    • Upload: "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml"
      "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log\Mediaportal.log"
      "...\error.log"

Attachments

• WOLPowerManager.zip
      94.4 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom