[Plugin] DVDArt - All artwork for MovingPictures, MyFilms, TVSeries, Music & more!!! (3 Viewers)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    D3ltoroxp, the xml file is the correct one and in StreamedMP, the clearart for TVSeries is in-built and controlled by the following code:
    I will add this to the new titan skin !! Not for streamedmp...

And this is for TV Series or ?

<!-- m3rcury - ClearArt - TV Series -->
    <control>
    <description>ClearArt</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>1100</posX>
    <posY>90</posY>
    <texture>#TVSeries.ClearArt\#(string.rtrim(#TVSeries.Series.ID)).png</texture>
    <visible>[[control.isvisible(1237)|control.isvisible(1238)]+control.isvisible(1242)]+facadeview.list</visible>
    <animation effect="fade" time="250" delay="0">WindowClose</animation>
    </control>

This is the same as this but with the new path for the images ?

<control>
    <description>TVSeries ClearArt</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>1000</posX>
    <posY>420</posY>
    <width>250</width>
    <height>126</height>
    <texture>#TVSeries.Play.ClearArt</texture>
    </control>

EDIT::

I think in the red code this code is missing::

<width>250</width>
    <height>126</height>

Maybe this is the error why i don't see anything ??

Last edited:

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    D3ltoroxp, the xml file is the correct one and in StreamedMP, the clearart for TVSeries is in-built and controlled by the following code:
    I will add this to the new titan skin !! Not for streamedmp...

And this is for TV Series or ?

<control>
    <description>ClearArt</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>1100</posX>
    <posY>90</posY>
    <visible>[[control.isvisible(1237)|control.isvisible(1238)]+control.isvisible(1242)]+facadeview.list</visible>
    <animation effect="fade" time="250" delay="0">WindowClose</animation>
    </control>

This is the same as this but with the new path for the images ?

<control>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>1000</posX>
    <posY>420</posY>
    <width>250</width>
    <height>126</height>
    </control>

I think in the red code this code is missing::

<width>250</width>
    <height>126</height>

Maybe this is the error why i don't see anything ??

D3ltoroxp, I know you wanted to change the Titan skin, but provided StreamedMP code as a guidance. The issue with your code is the <visible> portion. Remove the whole line and give it a try.

The <width> and <height> will be required if you want to reduce the image size, otherwise, no need.

Last edited:

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah, now I understand that you've meant hereby.
    <control>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>1000</posX>
    <posY>420</posY>
    <width>250</width>
    <height>126</height>
    </control>

And for what is this ? :)

Is not easy as a beginner

Last edited:

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Ah, now I understand that you've meant hereby.
    <control>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>1000</posX>
    <posY>420</posY>
    <width>250</width>
    <height>126</height>
    </control>

And for what is this ? :)

Is not easy as a beginner

D3ltoroxp, you're welcome. We are all here to help each other and learn from each other.

The latter code mentioned is used to display ClearArt in the Series and Episode list view. In your case, since you want to display in OSD, there is already an in-built value #TVSeries.Play.ClearArt which uses the path you changed in TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml.

Hope it is clearer now.....

Regards

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Version 1.0.0.9 crashes for me all the time. I installed it on a virgin / clean /new MP 1.3b set-up after I let Moving Pictures and MP TV-Series complete importing my 3500 / 400 movies/shows.

After I first installed DVDArt and ran it, it lists all my movies/shows and >immediately< starts working on them, before I've had a chance to configure things. The default settings for Scraping do not have DVDArt, Clearart, or ClearLogo set, and the preferred language is 'Any'.

It took me a minute or so to realise it had already started going through the list. I enabled DVDArt, ClearArt, and ClearLogo, and set the language to English. I watched it for a couple of minutes and saw that it was not actually importing DVDArt even for those movies it claimed it was doing so for, so I wanted to restart it. Since there's no 'Cancel' button (or no 'Start importing' button for that matter), I tried closing the window, and received:

System.InvalidOperationException: This BackgroundWorker states that it doesn't support cancellation. Modify WorkerSupportsCancellation to state that it does support cancellation.
    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.CancelAsync()
    at DVDArt_Plugin.DVDArt_GUI.DVDArt_FormClosed(Object sender, FormClosedEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosed(FormClosedEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CheckCloseDialog(Boolean closingOnly)

I had the option to Continue or Quit but since I can't trust that the app is still running properly, I selected Quit. It then closes/Crashes? Configuration.exe as well.

When I restarted the app, the exact same sequence took place - it immediately resumed where it had left off but the config options had not been saved so they'd gone back to defaults (DVDArt, ClearArt, and ClearLogo are not ticked and the language was set to Any).

If I select DVDArt, then it immediately starts importing DVDArt and I can preview it in the preview window.

Unfortunately, with so many movies for it to go through, I can only let this run for an hour or so before I need to exit it, but of course that crashes it again and I go through the whole mess again. (I know I can let it run in the background while MP is running but I prefer to get this finished so I can then start working on the missing graphics).

I've also noticed that sometimes even when I select DVDArt/ClearArt etc. after I restart it, it will continue going through my movies and puts a green tick mark under one or more columns to indicate that it has found/downloaded graphics, yet will not display anything if I look at the preview panes within the 'Movies with Artwork' tab. As far as I can tell, it has not downloaded any graphics either for those movies. It also acts strangely:

Example:
    Current run as I've been typing this, it has looked up Paranormal Activity and Paranorman, and put green ticks next to DVDArt and Clearlogo. Yet the preview window shows nothing for these so I can't tell if it really imported anything. I let it continue importing for another 100 movies, then close the window, which aborts it. When I go back into it, I quickly tab over to settings and select DVDArt/ClearArt/English (but not before it has already started importing the first few movies, this time resuming somewhere in the 'O''s), then go back to the 'Movies with Artwork' tab to look up Paranormal Activity and Paranorman. They don't appear in the list at all this time, even though it supposedly imported during the last run. If I tab over to 'Movies missing DVDArt', they show up there but with all red 'X' marks. In fact, all the movies it worked on during the last import now show up with red 'X' marks, which means the last run was a waste of time.

I guess since the app is aborting/abending/crashing, this is all pretty meaningless but I thought I'd note it.

Ideally, there should be a 'Start Import' and 'Cancel' buttons, to allow new users the chance to configure things. It should also default to the Settings tab the first time its run so that the correct workflow is followed (configure settings, save those settings, then start the import. the 'Cancel' button is very important for times when you've misconfigured things and want to start over or you're testing settings etc. And of course, closing the window should be the same as 'Cancel'.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now it works, i have forgott .Play. in the code, and everytime i look over it. But with TVSeries.Play.Clearart it works :) Thanks for your help.Can i make the logo transparent ?

But one quest more, your code is not for the feature i searched but for listview on tv series ?

OK i do some thinks more, with series it works great but with movies not so great.

For both ClearArt Logo is working in the full Video OSD like the image above. But for the small one it works only for series... Here the screens and the code blocks..

I add this lines to videofullscreen.xml

<control>
    <description>TVSeries ClearArt (Small VideoOSD)</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>1415</posX>
    <posY>735</posY>
    <width>250</width>
    <height>126</height>
    <visible>[window.ispauseosdvisible|player.forwarding|player.rewinding]+!window.isosdvisible+!string.equals(#Titan.fullVideoOSD,true)</visible>
    </control>

<control>
    <description>Movies ClearArt (Small VideoOSD)</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>1500</posX>
    <posY>736</posY>
    <width>250</width>
    <height>126</height>
    <keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>
    <texture>#MovingPictures.Play.ClearArt\#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.imdb_id.png</texture>
    <visible>[window.ispauseosdvisible|player.forwarding|player.rewinding]+!window.isosdvisible+!string.equals(#Titan.fullVideoOSD,true)</visible>
    </control>

Attachments

• clearart logo titan.PNG
      clearart logo titan.PNG
      1.1 MB
    • here.PNG
      here.PNG
      1.8 MB
    • this.PNG
      this.PNG
      1.7 MB
    Last edited:

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Version 1.0.0.9 crashes for me all the time. I installed it on a virgin / clean /new MP 1.3b set-up after I let Moving Pictures and MP TV-Series complete importing my 3500 / 400 movies/shows.

After I first installed DVDArt and ran it, it lists all my movies/shows and >immediately< starts working on them, before I've had a chance to configure things. The default settings for Scraping do not have DVDArt, Clearart, or ClearLogo set, and the preferred language is 'Any'.

It took me a minute or so to realise it had already started going through the list. I enabled DVDArt, ClearArt, and ClearLogo, and set the language to English. I watched it for a couple of minutes and saw that it was not actually importing DVDArt even for those movies it claimed it was doing so for, so I wanted to restart it. Since there's no 'Cancel' button (or no 'Start importing' button for that matter), I tried closing the window, and received:

System.InvalidOperationException: This BackgroundWorker states that it doesn't support cancellation. Modify WorkerSupportsCancellation to state that it does support cancellation.
    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.CancelAsync()
    at DVDArt_Plugin.DVDArt_GUI.DVDArt_FormClosed(Object sender, FormClosedEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosed(FormClosedEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CheckCloseDialog(Boolean closingOnly)

I had the option to Continue or Quit but since I can't trust that the app is still running properly, I selected Quit. It then closes/Crashes? Configuration.exe as well.

When I restarted the app, the exact same sequence took place - it immediately resumed where it had left off but the config options had not been saved so they'd gone back to defaults (DVDArt, ClearArt, and ClearLogo are not ticked and the language was set to Any).

If I select DVDArt, then it immediately starts importing DVDArt and I can preview it in the preview window.

Unfortunately, with so many movies for it to go through, I can only let this run for an hour or so before I need to exit it, but of course that crashes it again and I go through the whole mess again. (I know I can let it run in the background while MP is running but I prefer to get this finished so I can then start working on the missing graphics).

I've also noticed that sometimes even when I select DVDArt/ClearArt etc. after I restart it, it will continue going through my movies and puts a green tick mark under one or more columns to indicate that it has found/downloaded graphics, yet will not display anything if I look at the preview panes within the 'Movies with Artwork' tab. As far as I can tell, it has not downloaded any graphics either for those movies. It also acts strangely:

Example:
    Current run as I've been typing this, it has looked up Paranormal Activity and Paranorman, and put green ticks next to DVDArt and Clearlogo. Yet the preview window shows nothing for these so I can't tell if it really imported anything. I let it continue importing for another 100 movies, then close the window, which aborts it. When I go back into it, I quickly tab over to settings and select DVDArt/ClearArt/English (but not before it has already started importing the first few movies, this time resuming somewhere in the 'O''s), then go back to the 'Movies with Artwork' tab to look up Paranormal Activity and Paranorman. They don't appear in the list at all this time, even though it supposedly imported during the last run. If I tab over to 'Movies missing DVDArt', they show up there but with all red 'X' marks. In fact, all the movies it worked on during the last import now show up with red 'X' marks, which means the last run was a waste of time.

I guess since the app is aborting/abending/crashing, this is all pretty meaningless but I thought I'd note it.

Ideally, there should be a 'Start Import' and 'Cancel' buttons, to allow new users the chance to configure things. It should also default to the Settings tab the first time its run so that the correct workflow is followed (configure settings, save those settings, then start the import. the 'Cancel' button is very important for times when you've misconfigured things and want to start over or you're testing settings etc. And of course, closing the window should be the same as 'Cancel'.

dir, a new version of the plugin has been uploaded which will allow you to press the "x" button to cleanly close the plugin. It will also save the changes done to the settings even though process has not completed/aborted.

Please give it a try and advise.[DOUBLEPOST=1355946349][/DOUBLEPOST]
    <control>
    <description>Movies ClearArt (Small VideoOSD)</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>1500</posX>
    <posY>736</posY>
    <width>250</width>
    <height>126</height>
    <keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>
    <texture>#MovingPictures.Play.ClearArt\#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.imdb_id.png</texture>
    </control>

D3ltoroxp, you need to change the <texture> protion for Movies as follows:
    Code:
    <texture>#MovingPictures.ClearArt\#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.imdb_id.png</texture>

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm there must be more things to do, now i have the movie logo in over the series logo when i click paused. Is see the movie logo when i paused the movie and no series logo but when i watch series, i see the last movie logo from watched movie.And i see it only when i click paused, but when I reel back or forward there is no logo.

Attachments

• doppelt.PNG
      doppelt.PNG
      369.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom