plugin for the website wwitv.com? (1 Viewer)

Globoxrocks

Portal Pro
December 30, 2006
Website changed

As far as i can see the website has changed. As you can see around new year i was busy to add categories and languages to the plugin. At that time it worked all. But i saw this discussion and i started my plugin today and it did not work. So i tried some things and finally i saw that something changed at the website. I changed it in te code of the plugin and it worked again. I also looked at the originally plugin and it had the same code.

The problem was i selected a country and then no channels showed up. Is this also your problem

samundsen

Portal Pro
December 30, 2006
Houston, TX
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
As far as i can see the website has changed. As you can see around new year i was busy to add categories and languages to the plugin. At that time it worked all. But i saw this discussion and i started my plugin today and it did not work. So i tried some things and finally i saw that something changed at the website. I changed it in te code of the plugin and it worked again. I also looked at the originally plugin and it had the same code.

The problem was i selected a country and then no channels showed up. Is this also your problem

Yes, that's what I see... select a country, but no channels appears.

tasty carp

Portal Member
February 18, 2006
I chose the wrong day to start playing with plug ins :)

have tested it works ok via ie , but same issue as samundsen experienced

at least I know its not me going mad!

will keep an eye on this one as it looks promising, by the way is there a way to add things to the favorites manualy like a playlist? could this be a good test

Globoxrocks

Portal Pro
December 30, 2006
plugin

Tasty carp do you mean the originally plugin ? Or did i send you my plugin to test. I made an extension on the plugin this is not the downloadable version. Till now I send it to 3 people but nobody is giving me results. I could send it to you if you give me your mail ?

Geon106

Portal Pro
June 23, 2006
Kent, England
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
i got your message about testing the plugin, i've not had time to try it yet. But my Media Centre is running 0.2.2 and should therefore, hopefully, nearly, maybe work :)

I'll tell you if i come across any problems with the plugin.

Globoxrocks

Portal Pro
December 30, 2006
cause the website changed the plugin is not working anymore. It cannot find the channels due to the website change becasue the plugin looks at a piece of text at the website to get the countries. This is causing the problem. My plugin is working again. But the whole plugin is fragile. Because it depends on pieces of text to get the countries, channels etc...

tasty carp

Portal Member
February 18, 2006
Ive only tested the downloadable version...would be happy to test out any update you need testing...pm me

overture

Portal Pro
January 3, 2006
Bangor
Home Country
cause the website changed the plugin is not working anymore. It cannot find the channels due to the website change becasue the plugin looks at a piece of text at the website to get the countries. This is causing the problem. My plugin is working again. But the whole plugin is fragile. Because it depends on pieces of text to get the countries, channels etc...

I agree with this. The issue with this plugin is that it depends too much on a data structure which will probably change on a regular basis and each time that happens the plugin will not work.

...not to take away from the work which has been done by the developer(s). it is much appreciated. :) but this issue will continue to crop up if this is not addressed....maybe there's no way around it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom