[plugin] IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager (1 Viewer)

bodiroga

Portal Pro
January 1, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Re: [plugin] NEW IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager

Hi WileE!!

How are you?

I've tried your plugin and it seems to work fine, congratulations! But... I've tried it in XFactor skin and the appearence is the attach one. Can't you add that back background just like in StreamMP skin? The rest of the skin file is okey (I don't remember an other issue).

Thank you very much for all your work, this plugin is very useful!

Regards,

Aitor

PS: Any update for the X10 plugin? :p

Attachments

• eMail.jpg
    eMail.jpg
    524.7 KB

fmulders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

:oops: I found a bug...

At first I thought it was caused by the code I wrote for StreamedMP to show number of emails on home screen.
    But when you open the plugin itself you can see the same problem there.

Let me explane:
    When I reboot the complete system the email plugin looks for the number of unread emails on startup. When there are some, they are shown in the email screen and on the homescreen(s).

When I do the same when there are no new emails for me, the plugin is not showing the number of emails. Not on the home screen, not in the plugin. Even when I refresh the unread mail count it is not shown anymore.

I need to reboot again and be sure there is a new email waiting.

Can anyone confirm this problem? (or is it just me)

blitzkrg

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2007

when there are no new emails for me, the plugin is not showing the number of emails. Not on the home screen, not in the plugin. Even when I refresh the unread mail count it is not shown anymore.

When you have no new emails, it's not going to show you anything on the home screen.
    You have total # of emails
    and total # of NEW emails
    this will show you NEW emails.

That's my understanding of how this plugin works. and It works for me as expected.

When i receive a NEW email, it pops up and tells me. which is what i want.

vrm

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

:oops: I found a bug...

At first I thought it was caused by the code I wrote for StreamedMP to show number of emails on home screen.
    But when you open the plugin itself you can see the same problem there.

Let me explane:
    When I reboot the complete system the email plugin looks for the number of unread emails on startup. When there are some, they are shown in the email screen and on the homescreen(s).

When I do the same when there are no new emails for me, the plugin is not showing the number of emails. Not on the home screen, not in the plugin. Even when I refresh the unread mail count it is not shown anymore.

I need to reboot again and be sure there is a new email waiting.

Can anyone confirm this problem? (or is it just me)

When I start MP and there are no new mails, basic home displays 0 new message(s).
    That is how I like it.
    (XP SP3, MP 1.1beta with latest SVN, StreamedMP, latest version of plugin, very cold outside)
    Code:
    <control>
          <description>New Email</description>
          <type>label</type>
          <posX>1080</posX>
          <posY>75</posY>
          <label>#newEmail</label>
          <align>left</align>
          <font>mediastream13</font>
          <textcolor>aaffffff</textcolor>
        </control>
    <control>
          <type>image</type>
          <id>0</id>
          <posX>1020</posX>
          <posY>72</posY>
          <width>40</width>
          <height>30</height>
          <texture>#new_mail</texture>
        </control>

solis66

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

when there are no new emails for me, the plugin is not showing the number of emails. Not on the home screen, not in the plugin. Even when I refresh the unread mail count it is not shown anymore.

When you have no new emails, it's not going to show you anything on the home screen.

That's my understanding of how this plugin works. and It works for me as expected.

I agree with blitzkrg.
    It works the same way in my setup and it's the way I prefer it. (Win7, MP1.1 Beta and cold here too)

fmulders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I don't agree with you.
    There is a setting called "Always show alert. (even if there are no unread/new messages)".
    When you tick that option it should always show the amount of unread/new messages, even when it is "0".
    Thats the way it is designed, but not always working correct for me.

(WileECoyote am I right?)

So I want the same as VRM, have the same version and skin for MP. But I changed the code so it would show better at the StreamedMP skin. It shows just as the weather plugin complete with animation.

code:
    <!-- emails -->
    <control>
    <description>email Background</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>976</posX>
    <posY>58</posY>
    <width>306</width>
    <height>50</height>
    <texture>homeweatheroverlaybg.png</texture>
    <animation effect="slide" start="400,0" end="0,0" tween="quadratic" easing="in" time=" 400" delay="200">WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" end="400,0" tween="quadratic" easing="in" time=" 400" delay="200">WindowClose</animation>
    </control>
    <control>
    <type>label</type>
    <posX>1048</posX>
    <posY>74</posY>
    <label>#newEmail</label>
    <align>left</align>
    <font>mediastream10tc</font>
    <textcolor>white</textcolor>
    <animation effect="slide" start="400,0" end="0,0" tween="quadratic" easing="in" time=" 400" delay="200">WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" end="400,0" tween="quadratic" easing="in" time=" 400" delay="200">WindowClose</animation>
    </control>

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Hey Guys,
    Sorry for my absense, I was off last week from work and have been "under the gun" all week trying to catch up...

@fmulders,
    Have you tried VRM's skin version of StreamedMP? I believe you both are using the same skin?

As VRM, Blitz and solis66 pointed out it should be working as advertised. I didnt read all the way back in the thread, are you using the latest "test" version of the plugin (download is available on the first post of this thread.)

If you are still having issues please let me know and I will definently take a look.

I hope everyone is off to a great New Year!
    Wile E.

I've tried your plugin and it seems to work fine, congratulations! But... I've tried it in XFactor skin and the appearence is the attach one. Can't you add that back background just like in StreamMP skin? The rest of the skin file is okey (I don't remember an other issue).

Thank you very much for all your work, this plugin is very useful!

Regards,

Aitor

PS: Any update for the X10 plugin? :p

Hey Aitor,
    I will take a look at the XFactor skin this weekend and get that fixed for you (If you havent fixed it already.)

Progress is slow on the X10 plugin, I have a few people doing some testing for me but havent heard from them in a while :)

@WileECoyote

I just installed and tested the new 0.8 version.
    I think it is great, the "delete all" button works and you even thought about the message "are you sure?".
    So the anoying message is gone but when you want to remove all messages at once you get the message...perfect!

The only thing I can think off to improve is an auto refresh.
    When you removed all messages you still see them. They are gone, but the screen is not refreshed. Change to deleted items and you see they were deleted.
    The same thing when you do a "clear deleted items". You still see them untill you change view.

And if you have some time to complete my wish list...;)
    - An extra option in the setup to show "unread mail count" on your home screen would be nice.
    (I posted the code for -SteamedMP- a few messages back, but I think it is not optimal! It works, but I am not a skin developer.)

So thanks a lot, and keep up the good work!:D

Thanks again for the feedback fmulders!
    I see you are indeed running the latest version, so the issue of the message count not showing up should be working. Again, take a look at VRM's version of the StreamedMP skin file and see if that helps clear up your problem.

I will take a look at the auto-refresh. You are correct, whenever you delete all it should refresh like when you delete a message.

So to be clear about the "unread mail count", you would like to see that on the Email Manager Home page, not the MP home page correct? If so, this can easily be accomplished by added the same code used on the home page to the Email Manager skin file.

Thanks again,
    Wile E.

fmulders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

So to be clear about the "unread mail count", you would like to see that on the Email Manager Home page, not the MP home page correct? If so, this can easily be accomplished by added the same code used on the home page to the Email Manager skin file.

Thanks again,
    Wile E.
    [/quote]

Hi Wile E.

First I would like to add that the bug I found has nothing to do with any skin, forget about that.
    And to answer your question. I like to see the unread/mail count on every home screen where the weather plugin shows the weather too. (please try my code for streamedMP and see what I mean.)

Back to the problem:

You can reproduce it easy when you have a pop3 account.
    • Be sure you have ticked the option: "Always show alert".
    When you are in the Email home screen you should see the mail count in the lower right corner. Even when the mail count is "0". If I reboot the pc when there are no new emails, that message is not shown anymore. I can only fix it than by rebooting the pc when there is a new email waiting on the pop3 server.

:eek:What!...I am just trying to reproduce and guess what: It is working now................
    I tryed to reproduce for 45 minutes now, it looks like it is solved:mad:

I am running the new SVN build 1.0.4.24669 (08-01-2010) now, perhaps that solved it.
    So never mind for now, I will post back if it occures again.

fmulders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

:sorry:
    It is not solved by the latest svn.
    The problem is that I can not pinpoint when the problem occurs.
    In stead I can tell what my setting are, so try it and you should see the same.
    I attach some sreendumps to make clear.

• I am use one pop3 account
    • I ticked the option "Always show an alert".
    • Auto refresh is set to 1 minute.
      plugin settings.jpg
    Ok, so we start off when it is broken​
    As you can see there is an unread email, but at the lower right it does not show!
    Offcourse than it is not shown on the homescreen either.
    No mail count.jpgHomescreen empty.jpg
    • I restart MP.
    Now it shows, and it even loaded a second one. You can see it there, but also on the homescreen.
    I added an icon on the homescreen as you can see it shows there are new emails.
    Homescreen.jpg
    But after a minute there is a check for mail again.
    Now the tekst still shows, but the icon is gone. (perhaps you will not notice this when you left the check on 15 min.)
    Home after 2e check for mail.jpg

Now I have read all the messages and the plugin shows 0 unread messages like it should.
    0 unread emails.jpg

Now at a unpredictable moment this message will disappear instead of telling me 0 unread mails!
    This looks stupid...
    Homescreen empty.jpg
    * screendumps are made with remote Teamviewer tool while recording.​
    Help::(

If I can deliver more info please let me know. Logs etc.

Thanks for all your effort!
    I like this plugin so I hope this can be fixed.

Greats fmulders.

vrm

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

Can't confirm.
    The icon used to disappear for me too after the next check, but the message always still remain...
    However when I use only POP3 configured, I have to wait a little time until "0 Unread Email(s)" message appears.
    That's why I do not use background image for it.

WileECoyote, can you add "mark all read" option for imap mails too?
    MP is not the primary mail reader for me.

And if you agree, you can include my slightly modified skin file for StreamedMP.
    Finally I managed to understand how <align> works :)

Attachments

• IMAPeMail.xml
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom