[plugin] IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager (1 Viewer)

Highground

Portal Member
December 2, 2009
Re: [plugin] NEW IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager

Sorry if this question is obvious or has already been answered, but is there a setting to leave all emails on the server?

I don't like to have two email collections, and would like to be able to view any new messages on my HTPC, but to still have them download when I check email on my main PC.

Thanks for you efforts in creating the plugin!

Lee

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Sorry if this question is obvious or has already been answered, but is there a setting to leave all emails on the server?

I don't like to have two email collections, and would like to be able to view any new messages on my HTPC, but to still have them download when I check email on my main PC.

Thanks for you efforts in creating the plugin!

Lee

Hey Lee,
    IMAP accounts connect to the server and work online, so it read messages directly from the server. Any changes you make, reading, deleting, moving or copying will be directly reflected on the IMAP server. So for instance if you read an unread email in MP it will show 'read' when you view your email on your main PC. If you delete a message in MP, it will NOT show up in your Inbox on your main PC.

POP3 accounts work offline, so it downloads a copy of the message and leaves them on the server (if anyone has noticed any different please let me know.) Any changes you make, reading or deleting will NOT be done on the server. So for instance if you delete all your emails in your Inbox on MP, they will still be in your Inbox on your main PC.

So in short it will leave your messages on the server when it 'gets' them, but be careful using IMAP because if you delete a message it will delete it from the server.

Please let me know if you need futher clarification.
    Wile E.

Highground

Portal Member
    December 2, 2009

Ahhhh ... you learn something new every day :rolleyes:

Thank you very much for the clarification, I'll attempt to set up Gmail using pop3 settings then!

Cheers

:D

vrm

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

If this version proves out, I will probably make it the 1.0 Stable release... Let me know of any issues.

Thanks!

I've just found a really minor bug. Right after I delete a POP acc, the fisrt attempt to create a new one will unsuccessfull.
    The second attempt will be OK.

And a typo: option menu, item 7: deleteD all message(S) should be delete all messages imho.

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Hi WileE!!

Did you change the XFactor skinfile as I told you? I don't see any change on the changelog ;)

Thanks for all your work and regards,

Aitor

fmulders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Placed 0.9.

Looking good, but the problem that the tool is not always showing the mailcount is still there. Set my Auto check interval to 5 min. but even after 15 min. nothing shows. Only when there is at least one mail on the server and I reboot MP it is working again.

And as I mentioned in my post about 0.8a You should reduce the mailcount when an unread message gets deleted.
    Otherwise you can get the situation that it says 2 unread e-mail(s) when there are no e-mails left.

......almost there! :D again.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

I've just found a really minor bug. Right after I delete a POP acc, the fisrt attempt to create a new one will unsuccessfull.
    The second attempt will be OK.

And a typo: option menu, item 7: deleteD all message(S) should be delete all messages imho.

:oops: Typo has been fixed...

I will look into the error on first attempt after delete...

Thanks VRM!

Hi WileE!!

Did you change the XFactor skinfile as I told you? I don't see any change on the changelog ;)

Thanks for all your work and regards,

Aitor

Hey Aitor!
    I TOTALLY forgot about your skin change. I will get that in the next version (probably out tomorrow.)

Thanks for the reminder! :)

Placed 0.9.

Looking good, but the problem that the tool is not always showing the mailcount is still there. Set my Auto check interval to 5 min. but even after 15 min. nothing shows. Only when there is at least one mail on the server and I reboot MP it is working again.

And as I mentioned in my post about 0.8a You should reduce the mailcount when an unread message gets deleted.
    Otherwise you can get the situation that it says 2 unread e-mail(s) when there are no e-mails left.

......almost there! :D again.

Thanks for the testing Fmulders! I appreciate your patience.

Oooohhhhhhh! So your saying if you have zero (0) unread email(s), upon MP start it is not showing the alert? I think I know what the issue is there, I will get a fix out for that tomorrow.

I missed your last suggestion about the deleting an unread message. I will get that in the new version as well.

Thanks again for your help!
    Wile E.

fmulders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Wile E.

I see now that the icon is visible all the time, even when the email count is "0".
    I would like it to be visible only when the mail count is >0.

Looking forward to test the new version tomorro:D

vrm

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

Wile E.

I see now that the icon is visible all the time, even when the email count is "0".
    I would like it to be visible only when the mail count is >0.

Looking forward to test the new version tomorro:D

Ehh, how comes that although we are using the same version, it works just the opposite for each of us? :)
    When I have no mail, I see no icon.

:oops:
    An error with the counter. When I read a new mail, it causes counter -1, OK.
    I set it unread, counter +1, OK. But when I set it back to read, it doesn't count -1.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

Update....
    I posted version 0.9b on the first post of this thread. Changelog outlines changes made to the new version.

Ehh, how comes that although we are using the same version, it works just the opposite for each of us? :)
    When I have no mail, I see no icon.
    I agree VRM. I have tested and tested and cannot see the issue fmulders is having. @fmulders, have you tried VRM's version of the streamedMP skin files, or are you still using your own? Could you try VRM's to see if you still get the same results?

:oops:
    An error with the counter. When I read a new mail, it causes counter -1, OK.
    I set it unread, counter +1, OK. But when I set it back to read, it doesn't count -1.

oops... Fixed in this (0.9b) version.

Wile E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom