[plugin] IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager (1 Viewer)

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [plugin] NEW IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager

Hi,
    is it possible to use page wise viewing with buttons instead of auto scrolling? I would prefer this way, because sometimes i need more time to read the message.
    Regards, Netexplorer.

vrm

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Re: [plugin] NEW IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager

Hey Wile E!

Latest update work well! Status message appears at once and new mails arrive pretty fast.

However plugin still don't work if you have any empty pop acc. No status message and although I got new messages in the other mailbox,
    when I read one of them, I get -1 Unread Email(s) status message. Something has to be done with this :)

I found the core of my yesterday's issue. I can't beliveve it. My antivirus software is that what causes the issue of stripped senders and duplicated mails.
    On my HTPC I dont't use antivirus, on other computer I don't actually use any plugins, just playing with skins, so that's why I didn't
    notice this issue before. Strange, huh?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Hey Wile E!

Latest update work well! Status message appears at once and new mails arrive pretty fast.

However plugin still don't work if you have any empty pop acc. No status message and although I got new messages in the other mailbox,
    when I read one of them, I get -1 Unread Email(s) status message. Something has to be done with this :)

I found the core of my yesterday's issue. I can't beliveve it. My antivirus software is that what causes the issue of stripped senders and duplicated mails.
    On my HTPC I dont't use antivirus, on other computer I don't actually use any plugins, just playing with skins, so that's why I didn't
    notice this issue before. Strange, huh?

Thanks again for the feedback VRM!

Yea, the IMAP count will probably be off. This test version was to ensure that the POP counts were working okay. I will impliment the same on the IMAP accounts tonight, and provide another test version :) I will also look into the empty pop account issue.

Thanks for the info on the AntiVirus, thats good to note in case others have the same issue in the future.

Hi,
    is it possible to use page wise viewing with buttons instead of auto scrolling? I would prefer this way, because sometimes i need more time to read the message.
    Regards, Netexplorer.

Hey Netexplorer,
    Im not sure if there is a way to implement this in MP. I will put it on the to-do list and look into it...

Anyone else know of a way to do this?

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I have tested your plugin, but i use the MKMail actually because this plugin works like i described.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Re: AW: [plugin] NEW IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager

I have tested your plugin, but i use the MKMail actually because this plugin works like i described.

Cool... Im glad you found a good solution. I will still add this to the to-do list in case others would like to have the same feature.

Edit: Hmmm... In doing a quick search, I wonder if you changed the control from a "textboxscrollup" to just a "textbox" in the IMAPeMailDetails.xml file if that would work? I will try that tonight and see if it is that easy :)

vrm

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Re: AW: [plugin] NEW IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager

Cool... Im glad you found a good solution. I will still add this to the to-do list in case others would like to have the same feature.

Edit: Hmmm... In doing a quick search, I wonder if you changed the control from a "textboxscrollup" to just a "textbox" in the IMAPeMailDetails.xml file if that would work? I will try that tonight and see if it is that easy :)

I think it's not that easy. I tried that some weeks ago with no luck. I saw the message but can't manually page up/down.
    In wikipedia plugin it works. My solution is to set the speed of vertical scroll slower ;)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

I think it's not that easy. I tried that some weeks ago with no luck. I saw the message but can't manually page up/down.
    In wikipedia plugin it works. My solution is to set the speed of vertical scroll slower ;)

I was wondering if there would be focus issues. Maybe something to do with the spin control not being visible?

I will check out the Wikipedia plugin to see how they implimented it...

vrm

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

I was wondering if there would be focus issues. Maybe something to do with the spin control not being visible?

I will check out the Wikipedia plugin to see how they implimented it...

I'm totally lame for coding :)
    I see spin control can have focus in the skin when using wikipedia but I don't know how it works.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

Update...

Okay, I have redone the IMAP email count system to match the POP3 code. I have spent the past two hours testing every scenario, but please test it out and let me know how it works. I also added the "Mark All Read" option to the IMAP Message Menu. I have NOT had a chance to look into the empty POP3 mailbox issue. See the attached TEST eMail.dll file....

As far as the scrolling goes, I did a quick test and sure enough if you change the textboxscrollup to textbox, then add the options for the spin control and viola, you have a manual scroll. Please feel free to modify your skin files, but unless this is a popular request I will not go back and change the existing skin files. I personally agree with VRM, if you slow down your scroll speed and set a property for the scrollStartDelaySec to start at a comfortable speed, it works well (at least for me.)

Thanks!
    Wile E.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Thank you for this solution, i will check it out.

Cheers, Netexplorer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom