[plugin] IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager (2 Viewers)

lstraath

Portal Member
January 3, 2010
Waalwijk
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: [plugin] NEW IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager

I like the plugin and use it since recommended by a friend, however i found a bug concerning pop3 email. It also reports mail marked as read on the mail server as new mail. So when i installed version 0.9b i t said i had 378 new mails which is my complete mail history, it also keeps reporting 2 specific mails as new mail every 5 minutes (which is the interval i set for the tool)

I would like to contribute to this great plugin as a tester, altough i can program myself i don't have the time for that at the moment but questions are always welcome.

regards,

Leon.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [plugin] NEW IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager

Hi,
    i have tried to get the skin working with 'textbox' display, but i didn't succeed so far. Can you give me some advise what i have to change, to get it work. I see the buttons for next page in the lower right corner, but i can't select them with my remote. When i press the buttons with the mousebutton, the textbox views next page.

Regards, Netexplorer.

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Hi WileE.

Thanks for developing the plugin and for fixing the problem with XFactor skin, now all works fine although I just need to test it more carefully in order to find any bug ;)

Keep up with the good job and best regards,

Aitor

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Update...

I posted version .9e on the first post of this thread. The major change was to the message processor and the counting system. Should be stable now (pray with me :)).

Try it out and post any issues.

Thanks,
    Wile E.

Can't find...

Hey VRM, It should be option 8 of the IMAP message menu. Please let me know if you still dont see it.

I like the plugin and use it since recommended by a friend, however i found a bug concerning pop3 email. It also reports mail marked as read on the mail server as new mail. So when i installed version 0.9b i t said i had 378 new mails which is my complete mail history, it also keeps reporting 2 specific mails as new mail every 5 minutes (which is the interval i set for the tool)

I would like to contribute to this great plugin as a tester, altough i can program myself i don't have the time for that at the moment but questions are always welcome.

regards,

Leon.

Hey Leon,
    I hope your issues are solved with this new version (.9e)... Please let me know if you still have issues.

Hi,
    i have tried to get the skin working with 'textbox' display, but i didn't succeed so far. Can you give me some advise what i have to change, to get it work. I see the buttons for next page in the lower right corner, but i can't select them with my remote. When i press the buttons with the mousebutton, the textbox views next page.

Regards, Netexplorer.

Hey Netexplorer,
    Which skin are you using? I will see if I can create you a new skin file (in the next few days).

Hi WileE.

Thanks for developing the plugin and for fixing the problem with XFactor skin, now all works fine although I just need to test it more carefully in order to find any bug ;)

Keep up with the good job and best regards,

Aitor

Thanks for the feedback Aitor!

fmulders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Wile E.

Nice to see there is some progress...

Just installed .9e and can tell, counting is more stable as you expected. But offcourse I already found a flaw.:rolleyes:
    Here is what I did and how it looks. (pop3 account)
    • Some (5) new mails are shown in the inbox, count is correct.
    • Delete those emails before reading them, counter goes to "0" seems oké.
    • Go to "Deleted items" ...there they are still showing the unread state, seems oké.
    • But after you delete one there (by use of the d-key of the keyboard) the counter goes to "-1", "-2" etc.
    • Same happens when you select an item there and select "mark read".
    But the good news: It is self-repairing now, going back to inbox or just wait till refresh and the count is correct again.

Perhaps it is wise to limmit the options of the hidden menu, when you are at "deleted items".
    When you only offer the most logical ones there, this problem can not occure.

In my opinion you only need;
    1. Undelete
    2. Clear deleted items

I have to mention that the program still crashes when it can not find any pop3 items during startup.
    But you probably already know that.:p

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

Wile E.

Nice to see there is some progress...

Just installed .9e and can tell, counting is more stable as you expected. But offcourse I already found a flaw.:rolleyes:
    Here is what I did and how it looks. (pop3 account)
    • Some (5) new mails are shown in the inbox, count is correct.
    • Delete those emails before reading them, counter goes to "0" seems oké.
    • Go to "Deleted items" ...there they are still showing the unread state, seems oké.
    • But after you delete one there (by use of the d-key of the keyboard) the counter goes to "-1", "-2" etc.
    • Same happens when you select an item there and select "mark read".
    But the good news: It is self-repairing now, going back to inbox or just wait till refresh and the count is correct again.

Perhaps it is wise to limmit the options of the hidden menu, when you are at "deleted items".
    When you only offer the most logical ones there, this problem can not occure.

In my opinion you only need;
    1. Undelete
    2. Clear deleted items

I have to mention that the program still crashes when it can not find any pop3 items during startup.
    But you probably already know that.:p

Hey fmulders,
    The delete key bug is an easy fix. You are correct, I should probably remove a few of the options for the Deleted Items menu...

As far as the crashing is concerned, could you please clear your logs, recreate and post the complete MediaPortal.log & Error.log files? Please dont just post any errors, but the complete logs so I can see the chain of events that happened.

Thanks!
    Wile E.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [plugin] NEW IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager

Oh, that sounds good.
    I'am using Blue3Wide Skin.

fmulders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

As far as the crashing is concerned, could you please clear your logs, recreate and post the complete MediaPortal.log & Error.log files? Please dont just post any errors, but the complete logs so I can see the chain of events that happened.

Thanks!
    Wile E.

:mad: hé the new counting methode changed something in this behavior!
    As usual the plugin shows nothing at startup. (no pop3 mails on the server)
    But now it starts working direct when you go to the email plugin. So when you can manage to add the same check/action every time the plugin starts, you solved the problem.

( Do you still need logs? I think there is nothing in there, cause there is no fault or something.)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

:mad: hé the new counting methode changed something in this behavior!
    As usual the plugin shows nothing at startup. (no pop3 mails on the server)
    But now it starts working direct when you go to the email plugin. So when you can manage to add the same check/action every time the plugin starts, you solved the problem.

( Do you still need logs? I think there is nothing in there, cause there is no fault or something.)

Yes, Please post your Error.log & MediaPortal.log files (after you recreate the issue.) I am looking for something specific that would probably not call attention to itself.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom