[plugin] IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager (2 Viewers)

fmulders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Version 1.0 is working very well here!

I can only find some cosmetic things to improve.
    At some occasions you can end up with no messages at all, because they are deleted, but the last one is still showing on the left side of the screen.
    This is just a matter of clearing the screen, like you did before, after a delete.

I think you can reproduce and perhaps may already know what I mean.
    If not, I will give you more detail.

The counter is perfect and the icon shows when I expect it.:D

Thanks.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Version 1.0 is working very well here!

I can only find some cosmetic things to improve.
    At some occasions you can end up with no messages at all, because they are deleted, but the last one is still showing on the left side of the screen.
    This is just a matter of clearing the screen, like you did before, after a delete.

I think you can reproduce and perhaps may already know what I mean.
    If not, I will give you more detail.

The counter is perfect and the icon shows when I expect it.:D

Thanks.

Cool! Thanks for the feedback!

I will look into the 'reset' issue. I thought I covered all scenario's, but I guess I missed one ;)

I am currently having an issue with GMail set up as IMAP. If I select a message it shows as read, but if I go out and come back it shows as 'new' again :( It's only happening with my GMail account. I have a work IMAP account set up and it still works fine. Has anyone else seen this behavior with GMail set up as IMAP?

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [plugin] IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager

Hi WileECoyote,
    do you think, you can provide a modified skin file now?

Netexplorer.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Re: AW: [plugin] IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager

Hi WileECoyote,
    do you think, you can provide a modified skin file now?

Netexplorer.

Crap... I knew I was forgetting someone/something! :sorry::sorry::sorry:

I will get that example for you tonight...

vrm

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I am currently having an issue with GMail set up as IMAP. If I select a message it shows as read, but if I go out and come back it shows as 'new' again :( It's only happening with my GMail account. I have a work IMAP account set up and it still works fine. Has anyone else seen this behavior with GMail set up as IMAP?

Same problem here.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Same problem here.

Dang... :(

I appears that GMail was having some IMAP issues, but Google claims they were resoved. Stepping through the code, whenever I try to mark a message read it comes back with a 'folder read-only' error. I will dig deeper....

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    vrm,
    Try this test version and see if it resolves your POP3 underscore, line return issue.

I am still digging on the GMail IMAP issue. Hopefully will find a resolution in the next few days...

Wile E.

vrm

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    @VRM,
    Try this test version and see if it resolves your POP3 underscore, line return issue.

I am still digging on the GMail IMAP issue. Hopefully will find a resolution in the next few days...

Wile E.

:D for your hard work!

It looks like you resolved the issue, however there's something to do more about some cosmetics :)
    Listcontrol: subject is OK, no underscore, no line break, no overlap. But spaces from sender's name has gone. It's FirstnameLastname instead of Firstname Lastname, meanwhile #detailfrom is still Firstname_Lastname.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    :D for your hard work!

It looks like you resolved the issue, however there's something to do more about some cosmetics :)
    Listcontrol: subject is OK, no underscore, no line break, no overlap. But spaces from sender's name has gone. It's FirstnameLastname instead of Firstname Lastname, meanwhile #detailfrom is still Firstname_Lastname.

:oops: Maybe I should replace some underscores with spaces :) I will do a regexp on the underscores and check if there are regular char's beside, then insert a space instead of removing the underscore.

During my testing last night, I did notice something weird. In my GMail IMAP account, if I deleted a message, then either read a message or marked it 'read', it would make the change on the server. Only after a delete, move or copy would it apply the (\SEEN) flag. Very weird...

I did find another IMAP 'lite' library that I may use to replace the existing one. It worked great, setting flags, deleteing, etc... The only issue is I have to write a parser to get messages, unread email counts, etc. So it could take me a few days to get a test copy out. At this point I think it is worth it because it should reduce the overhead of the message retrieved, therefor making IMAP retrieval much quicker. We'll find out :)

Thanks again for taking time to test VRM! I apprecaite your help...
    Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    vrm,
    By the way, did you ever set up your two icons on the home page? I was thinking about this the other night, and it would be very simple to impliment. You would need two image controls. The first would be the path to the READ image, which would only be visible if the UNREAD image is not visible.Like this...

Code:
        <control>
          <description>Read Email</description>
          <type>image</type>
          <id>0</id>
          <posX>1140</posX>
          <posY>15</posY>
          <width>30</width>
          <height>30</height>
          <texture>Read_Image_File.png</texture>
          <visible>!Control.IsVisible(70)</visible>
        </control>
        <control>
          <description>New Email</description>
          <type>image</type>
          <id>70</id>
          <posX>1140</posX>
          <posY>15</posY>
          <width>30</width>
          <height>30</height>
          <texture>#new_mail</texture>
        </control>

So when the New Email image goes visible, the Read Email image will hide. And vise-versa when you read the new messages...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom