[plugin] IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager (1 Viewer)

vrm

Portal Pro
November 7, 2009
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
So when the New Email image goes visible, the Read Email image will hide. And vise-versa when you read the new messages...

:D That's a much more advanced logic than mine :D I just created a background image acting as an icon which is always visible, but the main email icon hovers over it when neccessary :)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: AW: [plugin] IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager

Hi WileECoyote,
    do you think, you can provide a modified skin file now?

Netexplorer.

Hey Netexplorer.... Just wanted to add a quick note today to let you know I have not forgot about you. Ive been working on some big issues (at work and home) and I want to make sure the sample files I give you are in proper working order before I pass them on to you to test. Should be in the next day or two...

Thanks,
    Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update...

I attached a new 1.0.1 version on the first post of the thread. The big update in this version was to fix the GMail read, unread message issue.

I have also changed the new message feature. Instead of a green icon, and to make it more in alignment with the other plugins, new messages will show in a different color. It uses the same features that TV Series or Moving Pictures uses to show when a show or movie is watched or not watched. Let me know if you like it, if not then I will add the green dot back.

For those who care, and are still reading ;), Im looking into a longer term solution for the IMAP messages. I have been playing with a new library that is much quicker, and I have also been exploring caching IMAP messages. This is a longer term solution to the slowness of IMAP, and would also allow us to read every message in a folder, instead of displaying only 25 at a time. I will keep everyone updated on the progress of this new feature...

Let me know of any issues/questions.

Thanks!
    Wile E.

vrm

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Update...

I attached a new 1.0.1 version on the first post of the thread. The big update in this version was to fix the GMail read, unread message issue.

I have also changed the new message feature. Instead of a green icon, and to make it more in alignment with the other plugins, new messages will show in a different color. It uses the same features that TV Series or Moving Pictures uses to show when a show or movie is watched or not watched. Let me know if you like it, if not then I will add the green dot back.

For those who care, and are still reading ;), Im looking into a longer term solution for the IMAP messages. I have been playing with a new library that is much quicker, and I have also been exploring caching IMAP messages. This is a longer term solution to the slowness of IMAP, and would also allow us to read every message in a folder, instead of displaying only 25 at a time. I will keep everyone updated on the progress of this new feature...

Let me know of any issues/questions.

Thanks!
    Wile E.

Read/unread issue is solved, thanks! #detailfrom still contains underscore.

I liked that green dot. It made the screen happier :) Now the unread messages are barely visible in listcontrol. It would look better inversely anyway, unread messages with white and read messages with gray. Furthermore since the skinfile still supports the green dot, it should be an option in configurator so we could decide which way do we prefer.

"instead of displaying only 25 at a time" - I thought you set this limit on purpose. It would be great having this limit eliminated.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [plugin] IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager

I agree, that bugfixing have a higher priority. I can wait...

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Read/unread issue is solved, thanks! #detailfrom still contains underscore.

I liked that green dot. It made the screen happier :) Now the unread messages are barely visible in listcontrol. It would look better inversely anyway, unread messages with white and read messages with gray. Furthermore since the skinfile still supports the green dot, it should be an option in configurator so we could decide which way do we prefer.

"instead of displaying only 25 at a time" - I thought you set this limit on purpose. It would be great having this limit eliminated.

Hey VRM,
    Thanks for the feedback. Could you email me a screenshot of the underscore issue? Also, if you wouldnt mind, forward me a copy of the email with the issue.

Hmmm, the listcontrol colors are set by the skinners, I just used the default settings. I will add an option in the config to allow for a dot or not (To dot or not, that is the question) :)

Wile E.

I agree, that bugfixing have a higher priority. I can wait...

Thanks for your patience Netexplorer, it is in my plan to tackle that tonight. I will have something for you by EOD. :)

vrm

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hmmm, the listcontrol colors are set by the skinners, I just used the default settings.

I thought so, but textcolor does nothing and textcolor2 is work only for the date. That is why I think that it should be something on the coding side.
    Different text colors AND green spot together would be the best :)

A mail has been sent with a screenshot as requested. Thanks for all the efforts!

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    I thought so, but textcolor does nothing and textcolor2 is work only for the date. That is why I think that it should be something on the coding side.
    Different text colors AND green spot together would be the best :)

A mail has been sent with a screenshot as requested. Thanks for all the efforts!

Thanks for the Email, I will check it tonight...

Did you check the references.xml file to see what the default color was set to?

Okay, I will set the default to have the text colors and then a selection in the config to show the green dot. Any other opinions on this?

vrm

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Did you check the references.xml file to see what the default color was set to?

Okay, I will set the default to have the text colors and then a selection in the config to show the green dot. Any other opinions on this?

Well, I'm confused a little :) I fear of playing with references.xml could screw up other things.
    I've checked tvseries and I saw there were textcolor and textcolor2 defined, so I guess plugin controls them. MyeMail surely controls textcolor2 but not textcolor. At least no matter what I write there, nothing will change.

No other opinions so far, we will see what you'll give us in the next version :)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Well, I'm confused a little :) I fear of playing with references.xml could screw up other things.
    I've checked tvseries and I saw there were textcolor and textcolor2 defined, so I guess plugin controls them. MyeMail surely controls textcolor2 but not textcolor. At least no matter what I write there, nothing will change.

Let me play with this a little over the weekend and see what I can come up with...

I meant to direct this question at the group to see if anyone else had an opinion on how the new email indicator should work. I should have said "Does anyone else have an opinion on this?" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom