[Plugin] MediaBrowser for MediaPortal (v0.30-beta) [2014/08/20] (1 Viewer)

Lukemb

Portal Pro
June 9, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Excellent, great work Armand.

Lukemb

Portal Pro
June 9, 2013
Home Country
Hey Armand, fyi, we've added new remote control commands to the api. Lots of system related commands like volume, navigating to certain areas, displaying an on-screen message, etc. Details in the dev forum.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Is there anything I need to do from the MediaPortal Trakt plugin for trakt support? or is this already handled by the server?

Lukemb

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Interesting question, since we also have a Trakt plugin. If the user has our trakt plugin installed on their server, they'll get the reporting feature with every client, including Armand's media portal plugin.

If the user also has your plugin installed, and if Armand reports playback to the core media portal services, then it's possible that could result in double reporting.

Additionally, our Trakt developer also is our Android and GameBrowser developer, so he has quite a lot on his plate. If your plugin offers functionality that his does not, then that's another point of consideration.

If you would like to take a look at his source, you can do so here:

https://github.com/RedshirtMB/Trakt-Server

This is strictly the server-side plugin. There are also possibilities for a client-side trakt plugin in our upcoming MB Theater.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That's cool that you already have a plugin.

There is a handler for each mediaportal plugin that we support in the Trakt Plugin e.g. the user can turn MP-TVSeries and MovingPictures plugin on and when they watch something in that respective plugin we can match that in the respective databases to determine if we should scrobble that media. Similarly the same occurs for library sync.

The reason we do it this way is that sometimes there is just not enough information available from the MP core player to get an exact match online, by using the metadata from the respective plugins we can get other info such as IMDb/TMDb IDs etc. It's also done this way so we don't try to do collection/watched syncing on every plugin installed (there is a lot of media plugins).

It seems to make more sense to handle this from the MediaBrowser server rather than implement another plugin handler in the Trakt plugin for MediaPortal. I guess the only question I want to ask is if the MediaBrowser trakt plugin on the server detects media playing from a MediaPortal client does it send "MediaPortal" or "MediaBrowser" as the client playing to Trakt? It would be nice if distinguished between clients.

The Trakt plugin can still be used with-in MediaPortal for other stuff as its very feature rich and pretty much implements 90% of the trakt API in a nice GUI e.g. view Recommendations, Trending, Watchlists, Activity Dashboard etc.

Last edited:

bighick

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2009
    Home Country
    I thought that the MBS trakt plugin has been broken for a month, mediaportal has always had the #1 trakt plugin ;)

Lukemb

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    It may very well be the #1 trakt plugin. I haven't tried it myself so I can't speak to that or not, but ours functions as expected. It just doesn't have the same feature set at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom